“Close to Beach - Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel 54 Barceloneta
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Passeig Joan de Borbo, 54, 08003 Barcelona, Spain   |
Ranked #367 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Somerset
“Close to Beach - Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

A modern hotel at reasonable Barcelona prices - beaches, Ramblas, Old Town all within walking district - next to the the Marina. Has parking at 20 euros per night. Breakfast - self-service. Flamenco dancing in basement Friday and Saturday nights. Very friendly/helpful staff. Clean and comfortable rooms - stayed on 4th floor which is quieter.

Room Tip: 4th Floor?
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Me and my wife stayed here for 3 nights in April. We found the hotel staff very friendly, and vert helpfull. There English was very good.
The hotel rooms were very modern. Good size bathroom and shower.
The breakfast was very decent, very good hotel and would reccomend this to anyone who wants to be in the heart of Barcelona. 5 Minute walk to the beach - 10 Minute walk to the marina, 15 Minutes to La Rambla's. Very good location and very nice hotel but only down side would be that the walls are very thin and beds were not as comfy as i had hoped.

Room Tip: ask for view of the harbour/marina
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I spent 4 years living in Barcelona, i return there a few times a month for business and pleasure, an unlikely choice for me but i made the decision to stay at 54 because it sung a sweet song.
staff at the hotel are lovely, having stayed at most of the hotels in Barcelona i can tell you that's not something you will say very often because as famous as Barcelona is for the architecture, sexy living and fabulous food its as famous for the brash demeanour of the people and the catastrophically terrible service it delivers to visitors.
From the charming young lady who supervises breakfast to the cool young dude at the reception desk the service in this hotel I cannot fault.
Staying honest with my review, the first night I was kept awake by the people on the other side of the interconnection door of my room. I was just happy that they were not having sex otherwise i would have freaked out!!! Woken up by the same lousy roomys early the next morning I rang down to reception to convey my horror and was offered a room change immediately. Nice, but nothing ticks a paying guest off more than up at night and up in the morning!!! Party season in ibiza I am prepared for but this was ridiculous.
The thing that really ruined my stay at this hotel was the bites I received on my arm and on my face whilst staying in room 401 (fabulous view of the marina, room needs to be thoroughly cleaned). found myself taking a holiday snap I had not bargained on (attached).
Breakfast reminded me that I travel way too much as the disappointment showed on my face when i saw the ridiculous presentation of a diy version of a continental breakfast! the first thing that went through my head is why the hell i had not stayed at the hotel Axel like i had planned!
Gotta say, fabulous roof terrace which is a genuine suntrap.
To be honest, wont be going back, nice views, not a terrible hotel but not a wonderful one. Not sure if this will get printed, but if eurotrash is your thing then this place is heaven.

Room Tip: stay the hell away from the rooms with interconnecting doors unless you are pleasured by stereo qual...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Bucharest, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I spend here 1 week, coming for the Mobile World Congress, so i stayed here in February, and it was absolutely terrible. i travel a lot, so i've seen a big number of hotels, but honestly i wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. first, the hotel smelled like water drainage, sewer. i initially made a reservation for a single room, but 2 days before my arrival i called the reception to ask them to give me a double room, and they confirmed. they gave me room 101, first floor, the smallest room ever. i went to the same floor to check if they had any other free room, as the cleaning lady was on the floor and 3 rooms were opened. one of the rooms was free. went down to the reception to ask them nicely if they can change my room because of the space and they've told me they were fully booked. i told them that i saw that other free room, bigger of course and available, the receptionist went behind a curtain to talk with her manager i presume, and she accepted my request, obviously being bothered by it. in the evening, when we returned, we discovered that the sheets were dirty, filled with red stains(!!!). called the receptionist again(it was about 11pm), and asked for the sheets to be changed. they brought us 3 WET sheets. called again and got an answer that it is too late and they don't have anything else. of course, the heat in the room, although on the control panel showed 28 degrees it was only about 20. called again the reception and was told that they can't do anything about it, and this is because we have a BIG room. tiles on the floor, not even one tiny carpet, no heating in the bathroom. the bathroom was made out of 2 glass walls, so that, if you are 2 in the same room and one of you is using the toilet or the shower, or even using the water or doing whatever, the other can hear and partially see the one in the bathroom. the second day we managed to get another 3 blankets, but during the third night, we saw that we only had 2 blankets. called the reception again and were told that the hotel is fully booked and they can't allow me to have 3 blankets!!!!!! and that if I'm not satisfied with the answer i should speak with the manager in the morning!!!
the breakfast was ok, and the only good thing about this hotel was the location, very close to the beach, about 10 minutes walk from the nearest metro station- Barceloneta, and also about 15 minutes walk from La Rambla.
awful hotel, no heating, tiles on the floor, very cold and smells like sewer drainage, dirty sheets and dirty towels- worst hotel ever, not even 1 star!!!

Room Tip: There is no good room!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel 54 Barceloneta? Share your experiences!