“Perfect, given the price” 4 of 5 stars

BCN Montjuic Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   San Fructuoso 64-74, 08004 Barcelona, Spain   |
Ranked #369 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Vancouver, Canada
“Perfect, given the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I escaped to Barcelona for two nights and, given the price, this hotel was a wonderful choice. It's easy to reach via the airport shuttle service, and near public transportation. I also found the reception team to be extremely friendly and welcoming. However, be warned that the wifi is painfully SLOW!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Gemma F, Guest Relations Manager at BCN Montjuic Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Aferdelin,
Thank you very much for leaving your comments in Tripadvisor. They are very appreciated.
Our staff works very hard to give the best service possible and it makes them and myself very happy to hear your great feedback.
I inform you we are working to improve the speed and quality of our wifi connection so please accept my apologices if this service didn't work well.
I hope you choose Aparthotel Bcn Montjuic again in your next visit to Barcelona and see for yourself the improvements.
Best regards,
Gemma Fradera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have just came back after staying here for 4 days with my fiancé and I can not fault this one bit. the room we had was spotless and had a fridge kettle etc it was ideal. the staff were very friendly and the rooms were cleaned daily, the receptionist staff were there 24hrs a day and were always glad to help. it was like home from home ignore all the bad reviews. it is near placa Espanya station so go on the metro get a t10 and u can travel 10 times so if u are with ur partner ye can go anywhere 5 times each or select other on the ticket machine and you can buy an all day ticket for 7.80. well recommended and hated leaving this place. we loved it. xx

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Gemma F, Guest Relations Manager at BCN Montjuic Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Louise O,
Thank you for leaving your comments on tripadvisor.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and specially your kind words about our staff.
I will make sure that your words reach them.
We hope to see you again very soon in Aparthotel Bcn Montjuic.
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed in the hotel for 4 days last week and would definitely not go back for various reasons
1- the worst breakfast I have ever experienced. Appart from the variety of the croissants the rest of the buffet we werent really able to make out what they were. Appart from the first day we didnt have breakfast at the hotel again. Cleaniness of the rooms was ok but had to wake up every day around 8am from the noise that the service personnel was making while moving around furniture and talking to each other. They only give you one key card to the room! When we requested for a second that they said "it is only given for special reasons".On the last day of our stay there was no hot water to take shower.

Room Tip: Definitely not on the ground floor
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Gemma F, Guest Relations Manager at BCN Montjuic Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Alexia,

thank you for reviewing our establishment in Tripadvisor. I'm sorry to read your comments about our breakfast service. It is true we must improve the quality of our buffet breakfast and be sure your comments will help me to take action on this matter inmediately.
I beg you to please accept my apologies in the name of all the team from Hotel Bcn Montjuic and take all your comments on mind for future improvements.

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

This aparthotel is perfectly located for the placya d'Espanya station for getting to Montserrat and visiting the magic fountains music and light show.
The rooms have a very good layout and are clean and comfortable and more plug sockets than i have ever seen in a hotel room.
All the staff were friendly and helpful, wifi was good and even reached to the bar across the road. We will definitely booking here again for our next trip to Barcelona

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Gemma F, Director of Sales at BCN Montjuic Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
Dear Jettii,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and your stay in Barcelona.

I look forward too see you back soon at Hotel Bcn Montjuic.

Bigues i Riells, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

A very nice location next to Plaza España, perfect for business travellers. The price is so good and very affordable. I loved the free Wifi and the possibility to use the spa. A full and nice appartment is really so convenient.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear miguelgarcialop ,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our services.

I look forward too see you back soon at Hotel Bcn Montjuic.

Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

I had a perfect stay here, rooms were clean, big and modernly furnished. The room comprises of a small kitchen, cupboards, tv , air conditioning, small living room and a large bathroom. There is no room service and I never ate anything in the premisses, however there are many eating joints in the near by areas and finding a good meal is not a problem. I only paid for the stay and all the extra club facilities were not included in my settlement. From what I gathered from looking around, the other facilities were not very promising and over priced.

The hotel is very conveniently located, with easy access to popular attractions and airport. Airport bus stop is just a 2 min walk away and a ride to airport costed me just euros 2! which was quite a surprise.

Popular places like La Ramlas , gothic quarters etc. are easily accessible and just 2-3 stops away by metro.

The Montjuic area itself is a lively place and tourists are visible till late hours of the evening. Fountain show and Montjuic palace are the near by attractions.

There is no extra charge for late check in and the reception is open 24x7. I checked in post midnight and I was very impressed by the receptionist, who was friendly and helped us with all the local information. He could not speck English , but despite that he was able to answer all our queries and made us understand.

There is also a computer available to surf and use it to transfer photographs at a nominal charge.

My only disappointment was with the beds, I had booked one double bed while I was provided with two single beds. I had booked this place in advance at a discounted price and was happy with what I got, cant say the same for the people who pay full price.

All in all, I recommend it for both short and long stay.

Room Tip: All rooms open to a street , no special view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

Simple hotel, decorated nicely with friendly staff. A close walk to espanya metro and square. Fine if you're staying for a couple of nights. Hotel is situated on a back street where there are plenty of local bars to have a beer at or you
Can wander along to montjuic.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to BCN Montjuic Hotel? Share your experiences!