“Excellent choice of hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #151 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent choice of hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from Barcelona and really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Madanis. The hotel is a lovely hotel but what makes it exceptional are the staff, especially the ladies on the front desk. They were so welcoming and efficient and very helpful and I would like to thank them. The reason for our trip was to see Barcelona play at home, which we did and hope to return soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear guest,
I would like to sincerely thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. You are very kind to mention our Reception team.I will be sure to pass your comments on to them. I am very proud of them, they love their job and your words are the most valuable present they could have.
I am very pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay at our Hotel and that you found all the information and services provided by our team useful.
We will be delighted to welcome you back at Madanis very soon.
I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We wanted a place near Camp Nou as it was one of our must-sees..well for my hubby and son, not me. It was fairly straightforward to get to from Peniscola where we were staying and sufficiently on the outskirts to avoid the worst of the traffic. It was very near an underground station so we could do the rest of our sightseeing quite easily. We were able to walk to Camp Nou and I went a little further to see the old Royal Palace..Palau Real which housed 3 interesting museums and also had some interesting works by Gaudi nearby.
The hotel was just what we wanted..clean, modern, comfortable and the help yourself breakfast was really good with plenty of choice. The staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable about the area. we would definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear guests,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel Madanis. I am glad to know that our location was convenient for your visit. I see that you took full advantage from the many places near the Hotel which are very interesting to visit and sometimes people tend to miss: the museums in the Royal Palace, the Gaudi works for the Güell family, etc. This show clearly that you are an experienced traveller. It is also a pleasure to know that you were satisfied with our staff job and enjoyed our breakfast buffet.
It is very encouraging for me and my team to receive positive feedback like yours. We strive to do our best every day, but only occasionally are guests kind enough to take the time to give us feedback. We feel especially proud when positive feedback comes from experienced travellers like you. Thank you very much.
We will be very pleased to welcome you back in our hotel. Kind regards from Madanis!
bangor co down
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

very modern, comfortable, clean appartments adjacent to hotel madanis. we stayed here as a family of four adults and the accommodation was excellent. Three separate bedrooms and a well equipped kitchenette. Breakfast was included at adjecent hotel and was a lovely selection of cooked meats, pastries, cheeses, fruit and cereal. would definitely stay here again. camp nou was literally a five minute walk away and access to underground and bus was almost immediately outside appartment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your comments and the detailed description you give of our facilities. The information you provide about our location and services will no doubt be very useful to future guests. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay in Barcelona and you took full advantage from our apartments: we often say that they are perfect for families and groups.
If your future plans bring you again to Barcelona, we hope you will choose Madanis again.
Kind regards!
Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were in this hotel for four nights, and really enjoyed our stay! Extremely friendly staff, clean and spacious room, adequate breakfast (9 euros/day/person) and even a cute balcony in our room. Unfortunately there are no tea/coffee maker in the room, but we survived without it. Location is probably the biggest cons, it's not central, but at least it's quite peaceful and by metro you can get anywhere you like - it's just gonna take a little more time. Just a few steps away from the hotel is the nearest metro station and a small supermarket. We would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. Our guest's opinions are very important for us because they help us to improve every day.
It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is very kind from you to mention our staff, they are very professional and love their job.
I take notice about your comment on the coffe/tea maker in the room. Generally speking, kettles are not so usual in Mediterranean countries as they are in anglo-saxon countries. Recently we have installed tea makers in the kichenettes of our apartments but not in our Hotel rooms. Norwithstanding, I will consider the possibility after your comment.
We hope to see you soon in Barcelona. Kind regards.
Braila, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

For our stay in Barcelona we chose Madanis hotel. Our reasons:

- The very good reviews on Tripadvisor.

- Location: 3 subway stations from downtown and 5 minutes walk from Camp Nou

- Very good price for a 4 * hotel with breakfast

Arriving at the hotel, we felt very happy with our choice. The hotel looks great, a classic elegance, minimalist style, very neat. Located 5 minutes walk from Collblanc Metro Station, it is pretty easy to find.

The girls at the reception were very friendly, they helped us with all the information we needed, always smiling and speaking a very good English.

In reception there are a few sofas, a small bar, a laptop that you can use without password free of charge, a stand with maps, discount coupons for various attractions and local newspapers.

The standard double room we booked was large, very clean, with a large double bed, a sofa bed, a desk with chairs and an LCD, a mini-bar and AC. The bathroom was clean, quite large with a shower.

Other smaller facilities: shoe brush, slippers, hangers, extra blanket.

We had free safe which was very convenient.

We had breakfast included in the price. The full breakfast was a Swedish buffet, rich enough: some kinds of cheese, salami, ham, scrambled eggs, sausages, fresh fruit, fruit compote, tea, juice, coffee, milk and some types of pastry that were very good, especially the donuts with jam. Breakfast was identical every day, but enough to start out with energy.

How close is the hotel to perfection? Three subway stations! :) This was the only small minus: it's not central. But subway connections are good, some buses stop right outside the hotel and tourist bus leaves you at Camp Nou, 5 minutes walk from where.

We were very pleased with the hotel and we will definitely stay here again when we return to Barcelona.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
mehuguet, Gerente at Madanis Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear guests.
Thank you very much for your contribution.It's very important for us to have our guest's feedback in order to know how to improve our work and get near the full client's satisfaction.
As far as the location of the Hotel just say that we are just five subway station to the historic city center. Many of our guests think that it is a good option be where we are because it is a paceful area and nearest to the moder city center (Diagonal, Frances Macià, etc.). In any case, we have very good communication with all the city (metro, buses, touristic bus).
We will be delighted to welcome you back at our hotel, shall your plans bring you to Barcelona again in the future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Due to the previous comments, I had high expectations of this hotel although normally it doesn't take much to please me when it comes to hotels.

Rooms were clean, breakfast wasn't very good though.

We made the staff aware of our intentions of a late check out twice. In the morning we left for the day but realised we didn't pay for the late check out before we left and dashed back to the hotel, but assumed it wouldn't be a problem as we made it clear we were leaving later to them twice. We got back and They made me feel like a criminal, The key obviously didn't work for our room but our money to pay was in there. We went to reception and I was made to go up to check the key three times, not fun when the room is on the third floor!

If you Premier Inn then this is for you. No thrills, cheap, clean hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
I have waited several weeks to answer your review because I had still some hopes to receive an answer to the email I sent you asking the details of your reservation in order to be able to investigate all the facts you tell in your review. Provided that no answer has come to me, I want to make it clear that, even without having details of the date and circumstances of your stay, I am in conditions to assure that these facts in no way fit the reality of the circumstances that surrounded your stay with us. I am sure there must have been a misunderstanding.
You said that you had made the staff aware of your intentions of a late check out. When this happens, our Front Desk takes note of it and our system of electronic keys is set to the new time of departing. This system, by the way, works very well and I cannot imagine why a guest should need to go three times up to check the key. All this do not match with our usual way of working. Believe me that our main aim is the full satisfaction of our guests and Madanis staff is extremely polite and serviceable with all our clients. They would never make them to feel the way you describe.
In any case, I am terribly sorry about whatever happened that make you to be unsatisfied. I would have been very pleased to investigate personally all the details of the problem and be sure I would have done it thoroughly if I had had what I needed.
I hope you will give us a second opportunity in your next visit to Barcelona. I am convinced that you will be fully satisfied with the hotel's atmosphere and the quality of its service.

Been to Madanis Hotel? Share your experiences!