“Superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcino 147

You added Barcino 147 to your Saves list
Barcino 147
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Gran Via de las Corts Catalanas, Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)   |
Ranked #4 of 303 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Bordeaux, Aquitaine, France
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My friend and I stayed two nights for our parcelona trip,and we found it fantastic because when we entered the gate,there were lots of arts and design everywhere.The rooms looked luxurious with almost everything you need,like heater,TV,DVD player,sofa.And the bed was quite big enough for two people to sleep.Wifi was fast and in the living room there was also a free access to internet(there was a computer you can use for free if you like).In the morning it was very convenient to cook your own breakfast cuz everything was there already,you could get everything from the fridge,like bread,yogurt,fruits,jam,milk,and butter.Also you could use microwave, oven,toaster,dishwasher and coffee mill.It made me feel like at home.The location was so good,It was right in the city center and near the metro,so it just took us like 20 minutes to go to Casa Mila.But the atmosphere at the lobby just seemed like nobody here,and the hair dryer did‘nt work well.But in a whole it is quite a nice hotel and if possible I will come back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed there for 3 nights and one more night a week later. We shared a room and had a private bath. The staff was great, friendly and helpful. The decor was absolutely charming. It was in a great location. We look forward to returning to beautiful Barcelona and staying at Barcino 147again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Echternach, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Barcino Bed and Breakfast is beautifully maintained and the decoration makes you feel as if you are a personal guest of a Catalan wealthy family. Our room Gaudi was lovely and the beds extremely comfortable. We asked for the big room Gaudi with two big double beds. The room was also very spacious with great view over Barcelona. The Concierge Mauro was extremely helpful in arranging tour excursions and procuring tickets for the Barcelona football.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor have an exellent view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Strasbourg, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I booked the Picasso suite which was incredibly stylish. The bathroom was amazing and we were very impressed with the location!
There are so many little touches that really impress you, from supplied electrical adaptors to the big TV with DVD in our bedroom
We had dinner in Ferrum which we had booked in advance via the B&B and it was a true delight. It was the best duck and shrimp I have ever eaten all served by wonderful attentive staff.
My mum had mentioned that we were staying for our birthdays and on her birthday when we returned from a long day of shopping, we were delighted to find a bottle of campagne on ice with 2 glasses and the most exquisite chocolates. It really made our stay complete.
Thank you so much to all the staff for an unforgettable stay!

Room Tip: The Picasso room is excellent
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I spent 5 nights here in late September. Mauro greeted us and was very welcoming. He explained everything and showed us to our lovely, clean room with a great view of the bustling boulevard below. We were exhausted from our long flight from California, but anxious to have tapas. Mauro gave us some super choices and set us on our way. We also met Felicia who was also very friendly and helpful. She answered our many questions with enthusiasm as she laid out our breakfast foods and cleaned our room. The location was within easy walking distance of many areas as well as metro stops. We were happy to have use of the computer to check in with our daughters. I'd say the only thing I would have preferred would be to have a bathroom in the room.

Room Tip: There are rooms with bathrooms, but none were available when we were there.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We recommend Barcino 147 Bed and Breakfast in Barcelona. It is our fourth time staying here:
-May 2012: party of 2 (myself and my wife)
-April 2010: party of 2 (myself and my younger college aged daughter)
-February 2007: party of 2 (myself and my older college aged daughter)
-February 2006: party of 8 (myself, my wife, our 2 teenage daughters, another Mom, her two teenage daughters and her 1 son)

Basis for recommendation: Our returning to Barcino 147 four times speaks for itself.

Rooms: Several different room configurations, some with ensuite bathrooms, all well appointed.

Bathrooms: Plenty of hot water.

Decor: The owner has tasteful artwork throughout. If you are upset at paintings with nudes, similar to what you would find in a museum, this place may not be for you.

Breakfast: Ferran, the owner of Barcino 147, has a European style kitchen. Whereas some B&B’s serve a meat, cheese, pastry, yogurt platter with a set serving time, say from 7 AM to 9 AM, Ferran is more informal, letting the yogurt, juice, milk, etc., stay fresh in the fridge. You can have breakfast whenever you want, which we consider a plus. Plus if you want something else, there is an excellent pastry shop literally next door to the entrance to the building.

Location: It couldn’t be better – it is situated near Paseo De Gracias, is a few blocks from La Sagrada Familia, is a couple of blocks from Gaudi’s Casa Mila (La Pedera), and near a metro, several great Tapas restaurants, et al. We are from Vermont, so we even walked from Mont Juic (where Pueblo Espanol and the Miro museum are located), and we walked to/from the Old City, the Gothic Quarter, the Catalonia Opera House, the Picasso Museum, even to lunch at Olympic Park, et al. Bottom line, if you’ve got some youth left in you, you can walk anywhere. Or if you’re a bit older you can walk one way and take the metro or a taxi. Take the Metro to Gaudi's Parc Guell; after surviving the vertical stair walk to the Park, you'll love the Gaudi magic plus its panoramic views.

Other: Ferran can advise you in English, Spanish, or Catalan (and some French and German I believe) of lots of neat places to go to, whether to see or eat.

Bottom line: Great location, good prices, nice rooms, firm beds, hot water in bathrooms, and accessible kitchen, very friendly and knowledgeable. Absolutely will recommend to our friends.

The Kay/Meyer family

Room Tip: Inside "courtyard" rooms may be a bit quieter than street side rooms, but street side room...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Fabulous! id been with friends at a conference and wanted to visit barcelona. This was the right place. A terrific room in a place which feels like a home (and probably was at one time). A shared kitchen in the morning, with yogurt, fruit, toast, tea, coffee all available and juice. Mauro, the charming and always helpful manager would be in and out ... to answer questions people may have. Met some great people here also visiting. Its felt so comfortable. Ferran, the owner, was here to greet me and give me advice on places to go (excellent) and I was off! Convenient location, and had a lovely room (the Goya!!). Reasonable, good location to everything, and made it an absolute treat. I will stay here next time I come!!

Two floors of rooms.....and while a bathroom was shared there was never a feeling of waiting for it. Few enough people per floor and different time tables, I guess. Wifi available for free, and can use their computer if you want to. Relaxed, charming, comfortable...en casa!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Barcino 147? Share your experiences!