my boyfriend treated me to weekend in Barcelona, so when we pulled up to the Hotel in our over-priced taxi (20euros for a 10 min drive!) - I was AMAZED! The reception is a grand contemporary space with friendly, smiling staff. It's size is a little overwhelming and can make one feel a little out of place - but I just stuck on my over-sized glasses and put on my wannabe celebrity walk as i sauntered across to the desk.
The room matched the chic, modern style of the hotel - lots of sleek black marble, mirrors and chrome. Again - spacious! The bedroom part is a luxury design with a HUGE comfy bed and all the fancy technologies of a 5* hotel. Open the curtains and WOW! Floor to ceiling window giving you a lovely night view of the motorways - with the backdrop of Catalan hills, which is gorgeous to wake up to. You're not there to stare out the window all day now, are you!
Pay 12euros and get access to the gym and luxury spa - it's worth it!
Unfortunately - the food doesn't match the standard of the style of the hotel. As it's about 15/20 minutes from the city, we decided to treat ourselves and eat at the award-winning restaurant at the top of the tower - EVO. The service and view were excellent, but the food was NOT worth the 135euro price tag. I'd be happier spending that at a good restaurant in London and enjoy the food - but it really wasn't enjoyable here unfortunately. The next night, we ordered room service for a quick bite before heading back into town. Their idea of a veg and prawn stir fry - was just soaked in Soy sauce! Totally inedible! I was gasping for water after the first bite - so we sent it back, got ready and grabbed a lovely paella on the port front. That same morning, we have to pay 20euros for the breakfast buffet. Again NOT worth it. The scrambled eggs were powdered! Gross! Not impressed at all - a total rip of for 20euros, when you think for £20 in London would by you 2 decent full english breakfasts!
My recommendation - gorgeous place to stay, but the food really lets it down.Especially, when you're so far out of town and you don't have any choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in 2006, the Hesperia Tower hotel has 280 luxurious and attractively furnished air conditioned rooms with fully equipped bathrooms to offer its guests. With rooms ranging from well-organized standard spaces through to the elegant presidential suite, guests are sure to find the exact accommodation they require. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, NHHotels, Splendia, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Hesperia Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Hotel Barcelona
- Hesperia Tower Barcelona, Catalonia
- Hesperia Tower Hotel Barcelona