On the face of it, the Hesperia Tower is a modern 5* hotel with contemporary decor. Located near to the Fira de Barcelona, it is an excellent location if attending a conference or exhibition. Overall, the stay was very good. The beds were very comfortable and the quality of housekeeping extremely high, especially bearing in mind the large amount of unfriendly surfaces that the housekeepers were expected to maintain. It was also nice that the bathroom and wardrobe areas were in a separate lobby area with the bedroom past another door meaning the rooms were very quiet and not interrupted by noise from guests in the corridor. The iPod dock was also a nice addition. However, there were a few disappointing aspects that prevented a full 5* rating:
1. The rooms have way too any mirrors which made the room difficult to navigate and several times I hit a mirror expecting there to be a space. This was particularly so around the wardrobe area. I would consider this dangerous, especially if you are travelling with young children.
2. There were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room so you couldn't make an early morning hot refreshment to get you going.
3. The TV channels were almost completely Spanish which limited viewing for international guests. A 5* hotel should have a much wider range of international channels apart from the usual rolling news channels.
4. The idiotic lifts. In an attempt to maximise efficiency, you indicate the floor you want outside the lift and then the most appropriate lift arrives, but it means if you change you mind you have to call another lift rather than get in the one that you previously called and select a new floor. Plenty of guests were complaining how long it took for a lift to arrive, especially because the only stairs are external emergency stairs.
We only ate breakfast in the hotel, which was the usual international buffet, but it was tasty, very well presented and the staff always pleasant and efficient.
It's a nice hotel and has a lot to be positive about, but the few downsides prevented it getting a 5* rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inaugurated in 2006, the Hesperia Tower hotel has 280 luxurious and attractively furnished air conditioned rooms with fully equipped bathrooms to offer its guests. With rooms ranging from well-organized standard spaces through to the elegant presidential suite, guests are sure to find the exact accommodation they require. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere, BookIt.com, NHHotels, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hesperia Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Hotel Barcelona
- Hesperia Tower Barcelona, Catalonia
- Hesperia Tower Hotel Barcelona