“Shocking - not recommended” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Miramar Barcelona

You added Hotel Miramar Barcelona to your Saves list
Hotel Miramar Barcelona
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plaza Carlos Ibanez 3, 08038 Barcelona, Spain (Montjuic)   |
Ranked #89 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
One Hyde park, London
“Shocking - not recommended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

When we arrived at this disgusting looking building which looked like a car park, there were no staff members at the desk or front door so we had to wait 15 minutes until served. As soon as we checked in, we were told to make our own way up to an absolutely horrible suite with no facilities. The pool and spa were both shut during our visit which was not meant to be the case, resulting in a very unhappy family. The food was horrendous, as well as the unhelpful staff. The worst part of this horrendous hotel was the outrageous cleaners who didn't replenish any of our bedroom amenities such as shampoo, conditioner, bubble baths towels, and drinks which caused mayhem.

This hotel is a joke, next time we're staying in the 'W' which is far better.

Not recommended under any circumstance whatsoever. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
H0telMiramar, Front Office Manager at Hotel Miramar Barcelona, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Britishairwaysfirst,
First of all thank you for taking a few minutes from your valuable time to write a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for this accumulation of shortcomings, your comments are really important to us but they don´t match with our standards so I would really appreciate if you give me the opportunity to contact you directly to discuss what happened to the email address pforero@hotelmiramarbarcelona.com or to the phone number +34 932811600.
We were really surprise to read the way you describe our hotel building taking on account that our hotel was an old Palace Alfonso XIII opened on the mountain of Montjuic, during the celebration of the international exhibition in Barcelona in 1929 and we do maintain the original façade. Our Miramar suites are 45m2 dedicated to luxury and comfort with an adjoining lounge and spectacular views to the city of sea. Since we are always improving to make our guest stay more enjoyable we would appreciate if you inform us about the facilities you were expecting to have since I doubled checked with housekeeping and the preferred boutique group standard facilities are offered. Since guest satisfaction is our number 1 goal we will serious study the possibility of introducing your suggestions.
As for the inconvenience with our spa we would apologize because due to maintenance routine works we closed the indoor pool from the 02nd until the 4rd of April, but I double checked with our maintenance team and our other spa facilities such as Jacuzzi, sauna, hammam and treatments were opened for our guest to enjoy all time. Although the Jacuzzi, sauna and hammam were opened we do understand that for some our guest the indoor heated pool was important so to the guest that inform us about this inconvenience in the front desk we offer the possibility to go to Hotel Rey Juan Carlos I to use their facilities offering as well complimentary transportation facilities.
Considering the above you can understand our honest interest in clarifying your stay and perception of our hotel. As you can see on recent Tripadvisor reviews, we are proud to read that thanks to our commitment with guest satisfaction we receive really positive comments in all aspects and we are sure that if you give us the opportunity we will be able to change your review into a positive one.
Thanking you again for your time and your comments, I look forward to hearing from you soon

Yours Sincerely,

Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband took me to hotel miramar for a birthday treat -and what a treat! I have one day of my trip left and I simply could not wait to post a review. The setting is delightful - extremely peaceful, overlooking a quiet park; 20mins walk to centre or 2 mins to cablecar to barceloneta. Room unbelievable -modern, kingsize bed, enormous bathroom and I have never met such charming, helpful, friendly and welcoming staff - a special mention to Marc on reception for answering our endless questions with such grace, and to Mohha who welcomed us in the bar each evening with such friendliness and professionalism - I cannot thank you all enough for what has been my best ever hotel experience (and I have travelled a lot!)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
H0telMiramar, Front Office Manager at Hotel Miramar Barcelona, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Sopenick

Greetings from sunny Barcelona! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this inspirational feedback, we are glad to read that you enjoyed the time with us!
I will pass on your compliments to Marc and Moha, comments like yours are inspiring for all the members of our team and stimulate us to improve the service every day!

It would be wonderful and an honor to welcome you again!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Spent three nights here and used as a base for exploring the city on foot.
The room, food and personal service from the helpful staff were all beyond expectation, as were the views from the terrace and our room.Only spoiler was the officious and rather silly maitre d' who made us feel less than welcome at dinner on the first night. He wanted us to know how busy he was and how lucky we were that he found us a table (all nonsense of course).
Although he let his colleagues down, I did not think it fair to mark the hotel down. There are of course plenty of excellent restaurants in Barcelona if you don't wish to be treated thus.

Room Tip: Front room with view of port.
Dear TonyLeMasurier

Thank you so much for taking time to write such a nice review about our property and your stay with us. We are glad to read that we exceed your expectations.

On the other side, we would like to apologize for the situation you encountered in the restaurant. I already passed your comments to the F&B manager who will make a proper follow up about what happened to gain a better understanding of what has shaped your perception on the service.

Thank you again for your comments; we will be looking forward to host you again during your next visit to Barcelona

Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, amazing sea view !
Not the room I expected but nice even though, the TV is too small for a room of this size.

Staff really nice and helpful but the English level is not adequate with the standing of a 5 stars hotels.

I had had booked my room online and took the breakfasts with it. I had my breakfast delivered in the room and had the unpleasant surprise of being charged for a full room service breakfast regardless of the buffet breakfast I had paid before.

Otherwise, very peaceful place, piano player at the bar during the week end, spa with indoor pool, jacuzzi, hammam and sauna.

Miramar staff : please offer a delivered breakfast in your online choice, and don't make your customers pay for a full room service breakfast full price when they have already paid for a breakfast...even it's a buffet breakfast...

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Max 75012,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel but most of all, thank you very much for your breakfast advice. I already passed your comments to our F&B manager who will analyze all the details

Comments like yours are the key to help us improve the services every day based on guest demands and satisfaction

We will be honored if you choose our hotel for your next stay in Barcelona!

Kind regards,

Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My boyfriend took me away to Barcelona for my birthday in March 2013 where we stayed at the Hotel Miramar. After reading the reviews beforehand and making the decision to stay here I was not disappointed. We stayed in 2 different rooms as we had 2 different bookings. The first rooom was a superior room and was what only can be described as amazing. I have high standard of hotel rooms and have stayed in some really good 5* star hotels around the world and this room was up there with the best. The room was very spacious and had an amazing view from the balcony looking down at the scene of the city and habour, and in the distance the cable car down to the beach and sea. The bathroom was huge, and the standing bath in the middle of the room which could fit two people in it was that big was the feature. The toliet and shower all where in the same area but with there own cubicles, and there was a "his" and "hers" sinks. The bed was massive and the comfy. Tv, coffee making facilties, cd player which was left playing classical music upon arrival of the room, and i pod docking stacking were excellent features to the room. My boyfriend especailly loved the dressing gown/ robes and slippers provided in the room.

The second room was not facing the sea, however even though it was a cheaper room the view to the side of the hotel of the city was great. Although smaller in size, the bathroom layout was differrent but equally as nice. In this room there was not coffee making facilities and the i- pod docking station didn't work. With both rooms the air conditioning was very cold.

The breaksfast was good, I especailly liked the champange provided at breakfast which was included. My boyfriend and I ate our breakfast and then took a glass of champagne out on the terrace to enjoy the sun while our breakfast digested. The food at bar and room service was expensive and not what you would you expect from a 5 star hotel- not inspiring. The desserts were nice and elborate thouhgh. The hotel restruant was shut on a Monday - which happened to be the night we were going to eat there on my birthday. The recpetion staff were good in helping us to find alternatives plans for the night. The reception staff could not have been faulted, helpful and lovely friendly people. They would call you a taxi and even open the doors for you to get in!

On my birthday my boyfriend ordered room service in the morning as a surprise and got me a amazing bunch of flowers, chocoloate brownie with a candle and 2 glasses of champange, which the reception staff helped to organise.

The spas was lovely, swimming pool was nice but dispointed to have mixed spa/sauna/steam room as my boyfirend and I wanted to do this together. We also ordered a double massage for my birthday and only 1 hour before the massage we were informed we could not have it done together as they couldn't get the staff to do both that day. I was disapointed as it was my birthday treat!

Easy walking distance to Las Ramblas 20 minutes, metro, hop on hop off tour bus and cable car. We used taxis quite a bit and they were expensive.

All in all a wonderful stay and lovely hotel. I definelty recommend it and would go back.

Room Tip: Get room with a balcony it is worth the view!
Dear Amelia E

Is amazing to read that you lived with us a fairytale birthday experience! We are honored to read that we contribute on this achieving your expectations.
On the other hand, in the name of all the staff of hotel Miramar we will like to thank you for the wonderful and really detailed review you post on tripadvisor. Reviews like yours encourage a lot of travelers to visit us and experience our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you on your next stay in Barcelona

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a long weekend last month (February). great property, obliging staff, fabulous breakfast, very comfortable rooms in a quiet rural like location, not like my other favourite in Barcelona The Arts. My only criticism is the limited food service in the hotel and around it. I know its a short taxi ride or fair walk to the city but lack of a non-formal non-fine dining option was a challenge particularly for the kids.

Room Tip: The lower floors facing the harbour are the ones to go for as the higher ones have an obscured view...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cannylondon,

Thank you very much for your review about our hotel. It is really nice to read that you liked our hotel and that you enjoyed your time with us. As you mark on your review, we represent another side of Barcelona away from the hustle of the city with a quiet relaxing enviroment.

Hope to see you soon in our hotel!

Kind regards,

Front Desk manager
Marseille, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We spent a week end in this hotel and we were lucky enough to get a room with balcony. The location of the hotel on the monjuich hill allows to have a marvellous landscape of the city with all monuments. The staff is really welcoming with a real will to help. The indoor swimminh pool is really nice as well as the spa. No problem for parking.
I recomend this hotel for people willing to discover Barcelona and take a rest in a quiet place far from the noisy city.

Room Tip: select a room with balcony
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear escolano j,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Miramar for your stay in Barcelona! We really appreciate your positive comments about the hotel and most of all thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Front Desk Manager

Been to Hotel Miramar Barcelona? Share your experiences!