“The best hostel to hang out” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sant Jordi Arago Hostel to your Saves list
Sant Jordi Arago Hostel
Arago 268, Principal 1, 08009 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)   |
Ranked #81 of 706 Specialty Lodging in Barcelona
“The best hostel to hang out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Its is the Best city i have travelled yet and also the best hostel's i have been too.. its too cozy and not a huge property. I meet many youth from all across the globe and had a real great time sharing a lot of things with all of them i think its is one of the greatest city to travel its so vibrant that i wish to go here again soon

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was traveling alone for the holidays and the staff at Sant Jordi made my time in Barcelona a time to remember! I was sick most of the time & they were nice enough to walk with me to the store & get me medicine. Had some of the best Paella at one of the get togethers at another location. Fantastic amazing location! Room was really dark & I slept like a champ the entire time. Thank you sooo much for such a wonderful time in Spain boys!!! xoxoxoxoxo - Hope!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This place more like a shared flat than a hostel. Nice guest, nice staff, perfect location, good books, balcony, free coffee. They even have a hairdryer, and cheep dinner, pub tours and pretty much everything what you need to have a perfect stay in Barcelona. Special thanks for Nuno's hospitality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

First off - I traveled solo, in the beginning of the low season, in early November.

Had a great experience with the staff, and the organizers of all the tapas crawls, pub crawls, and dinner nights. That was the big highlight for me. They were always great about answering any questions I had on transport around the city, site seeing, tickets, etc. Other big positives are being right around the corner from Casa Batlló, and a 2 minute walk to the Metro / Train station stop - which was handy for my early morning travel times. WiFi worked great, and in the rooms too. 2 computers that were a little slow, but all I used them for was booking tix. A big flatscreen in the common room too, which I could care less about, but seemed to be a draw for others!

If you want to go out on the bar / nightclub crawl, bring one nice shirt & pair of pants. It was mainly the guys who were surprised, but ladies, just know they don't go out to t-shirt and shorts kind of places.

The downside (or up, depending on what your plans are) was that it was pretty small. When we went out to a tapas crawl with the other Sant Jordi's, our hostel had 3 people show up, while the other had 20. Regardless, I had a fantastic time with my hostel mates. Rooms were pretty cramped, but the beds were comfy.

Weather was generally nice, so no complaints on heat / cold problems.
The bathrooms are cramped, and the female one's rug had a scent of mildew about it, so bring your flip-flops.

A big note here: the hostel is not 24hr. staff. Thankfully I arrived during the day, but have shown up to other hostels in the middle of the night due to delays, and thank goodness for them being open. So plan accordingly.

Next time I might stay at something closer to the Gothic District, since this is where I spent most of my time, and note that there will be a new Rock n' Roll themed Sant Jordi coming soon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Oakville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here from October 5-8 and from October 10-12. I had never stayed in a hostel before so I wasn't sure what to expect. This place was like one big happy family from the moment I set foot inside. Nuno, Michael and Gustavo were the most wonderful hosts and made my stay there very memorable. The beds were comfortable and there was always something cool happening. At night there sometimes were Sangria/Pasta nights for 3 Euros..and there was always some sort of Pub Crawl adventure to partake in. These were always epic and amazing thanks to the Pub Crawl Leaders!! I would highly recommend this place to everyone I know and one day I hope to visit again. I really do miss it already. Thanks San Jordi for being SO awesome :))))))

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Socal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The staff here are great. They are outgoing and became friends with me and many of the other travelers staying there. The location is quite nice--literally around the corner from one of the Gaudi houses (Batlló) and a metro stop, and walking distance from Plaça de Catalunya and the start of La Rambla. They arrange trips out to the bars/clubs, and it is easy to be social and meet new people. Awesome atmosphere and well run. Favorite place I stayed in during a six-week backpacking trip.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

As a solo traveller for the first time, I arrived in Barcelona without accommodation booked. After seeing brilliant reviews for this hostel I easily found it and booked for 3 nights. The location is amazing, allowing Barcelona to be discovered very easily and with many great attractions a 5 minute walk away.
Mikel, Gustavo, Nuno and Sophia made the stay the most welcoming experience I've even had. From simply giving great advice on how to spend time in Barcelona, to cooking for the residents and helping us get into the mood for the nightly pub crawl, they really are brilliant people who just want you to have the best time possible.
The smallest of a chain of Sant Jordi hostels, Agaro has the chillest vibe and the people I met during my stay were all of a similar character and great fun to be around.
In terms of cleanliness, there is a cleaner in the hostel hard at work from very early in the morning until the late afternoon every day from what I could see, keeping the communal areas and bathrooms nice and clean. The residents and staff are also very clean and respectful, cleaning as they go.
After my first three nights, I saw the error in my plans and arranged to stay another three evenings!
I couldn't recommend this place any more, especially to solo travellers and small groups.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sant Jordi Arago Hostel? Share your experiences!