Stayed there for an extended weekend. And really the main thing that caught my eye, when looking for the hotel to stay in Barcelona, was "rooftop swimming-pool, heated also in winter". 5*, included breakfast, beach around the corner - these were also of importance, but not crucial.
All in all - the location of the hotel is nice (close to the beach), however not the best for walking to the city centre, it does take a while to get there, but if you are lucky to have the weather we had in February (sunny, +16 - 18 C), then the 40 minutes walk along seaside to the centre can be considered as a bonus. And - the busstop of hop on-hop off is just two small streets away, that is also very convenient in case of using this vehicle for sightseeing.
The room was spacious, with everything such a level hotel should have, however, if something needs to be noted, then it is a terrible lack of mirrors! One mirror hidden in the closet! Maybe for male visitors it could be a norm, but definitely not for females... And a nuance from the same field - quite poor lighting in the bathroom.
Breakfast was good. Nothing special, but good. No big choice of vegetables, one kind of scrambled eggs and a lukewarm coffee. But a vast choice of pastries and fruit. Since breakfast was included in our stay, it was ok, but paying the price they ask for it - no, thanks.
And now to the main - rooftop swimming-pool. I enjoyed so much swimming there on a winter day and afterwards leisurly sunbathing on one of the sunbeds placed on the roof. As to my mind - this is the only thing that makes this hotel distinguishable amongst the others (which don't have it, of course).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelona, Port Olímpic, only 50 metres from the beach.An ideal location next to the beach and an excellent starting point, no matter what your reason for visiting Barcelona.Our prime location features fast connections to the airport and the main roads leading into the city. Taxis, the underground metro, buses and trams are just a few meters away from the hotel... plus a relaxing stroll alongside Barcelona's beautiful beaches will bring you to the world-famous Rambles. A 20-minute walk in the opposite direction will lead you to the new Diagonal Mar district with its famous Barcelona Forum Convention Centre, the flagship of the new Barcelona.All rooms are touched with contemporary design and are fully furnished and fitted to provide optimal comfort. The hotel's extensive common areas are filled with natural Mediterranean light and offer a luxurious view of our private interior garden.Our personalised service and commitment thrives on meeting your needs so that you can make the most of your stay in Barcelona.Pullman Barcelona Skipper is the ideal hotel that combines business and leisure, creating a product that can offer you the best in services and technology to ensure success, combined with premium recreation and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Pullman Barcelona Skipper reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper Hotel Barcelona
- Ab Skipper Barcelona
- Hotel Ab Skipper
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper Catalonia