Let me start off by saying the location of the hotel is great.....and the staff is EXCELLENT....but its not enough! We checked into the hotel Saturday and were greeted by a very helpful staff speaking English, giving us maps and directions and offering advice couldn't be more helpful. We arrive at our room and OH BOY its location is the first room off the elevator...not really what we wanted but its ok....open the door.....its the darkest hotel room I have ever been in and I mean that. Some walls are painted dark grey/black with black drapes and no sunshine coming in. We call to ask if there is another room available and we are told no the hotel is overbooked for the weekend...so we unpack. We are not in the room five minutes and the bathroom ceiling comes down with a boom! Its a panel ceiling and a few of them are now laying on the floor. We call and explain what happened and no one came to fix it so my husband replaced the tiles the best he could. The room is very warm and the lowest the air could go is 19 degrees....we open the windows but the noise from the traffic is so loud...we have to choose between air, sunlight or noise on vacation? There is no possible way to leave the windows open and sleep so it was very warm inside all weekend....the weather was beautiful but the heat of the room was not!
Don't even know what to say about the bathroom---its dark, you can't do your makeup and the shower floods each and every time you use it....you are standing in water up to your ankles and then it over flows onto the floor...there is no way to avoid this...its a very poor design to say the least. But here is the real problem....the hotel knows they have this problem yet doesn't leave you extra towels or anything to clean it up with. I am not talking about a few drops of water here ...its a mess! We called and asked to have extra towels sent up because on day 1 it took every towel in the room to clean up the water and then my husband had no towels. Don't you think that maybe the hotel should supply the guest with towels in order to clean up and not fall on the slippery tile and get hurt...lawsuit waiting to happen here!
Roof top bar--Attic was suppose to be open March 28...we went up there thirsty and hungry on the 30th and nothing was open.
The only reason I am giving it three stars is because the staff is good...the hotel for the money is not even close to being worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelona, Port Olímpic, only 50 metres from the beach.An ideal location next to the beach and an excellent starting point, no matter what your reason for visiting Barcelona.Our prime location features fast connections to the airport and the main roads leading into the city. Taxis, the underground metro, buses and trams are just a few meters away from the hotel... plus a relaxing stroll alongside Barcelona's beautiful beaches will bring you to the world-famous Rambles. A 20-minute walk in the opposite direction will lead you to the new Diagonal Mar district with its famous Barcelona Forum Convention Centre, the flagship of the new Barcelona.All rooms are touched with contemporary design and are fully furnished and fitted to provide optimal comfort. The hotel's extensive common areas are filled with natural Mediterranean light and offer a luxurious view of our private interior garden.Our personalised service and commitment thrives on meeting your needs so that you can make the most of your stay in Barcelona.Pullman Barcelona Skipper is the ideal hotel that combines business and leisure, creating a product that can offer you the best in services and technology to ensure success, combined with premium recreation and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, ACCOR, Travelocity, Splendia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Jetsetter and Venere so you can book your Pullman Barcelona Skipper reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper Hotel Barcelona
- Ab Skipper Barcelona
- Hotel Ab Skipper
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper Catalonia