I stayed at this hotel in November as I was attending a conference in a nearby hotel. The hotel and the rooms are very modern and clean. I paid a little extra to stay in a Superior Room with Terrace which was very nice. The bedding was very comfortable. Just a couple of minor problems with the room: the air conditioning was quite warm and could not be adjusted, so it was great to be able to open the sliding balcony door and let some cool air into the room. The WiFi was also a bit problematic as I kept needing to sign in and the connection was quite slow. My colleague couldn't get WiFi reception at all in his room, so was later offered to move rooms. The hotel's gym (room) is very small with limited equipment, so if you want to go for a run or walk, I suggest to go outside the hotel and enjoy the beach walk.
I enjoyed the location of the hotel. The hotel is very close to the beach and there are a number of small cafes beach side that offer reasonably priced tapas and drinks. It was a good (and pleasant) 20 minute walk from the hotel into the old town. We usually took a taxi into the old town then walked back to the hotel to walk off the excess food and drink!
The hotel breakfast was excellent with a large selection of breakfast foods to choose from including that delicious iberico ham!
The small hotel bar provided a good selection of beers, wines and cocktails. The hotel's concierge staff was pleasant and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelona, Port Olímpic, only 50 metres from the beach.An ideal location next to the beach and an excellent starting point, no matter what your reason for visiting Barcelona.Our prime location features fast connections to the airport and the main roads leading into the city. Taxis, the underground metro, buses and trams are just a few meters away from the hotel... plus a relaxing stroll alongside Barcelona's beautiful beaches will bring you to the world-famous Rambles. A 20-minute walk in the opposite direction will lead you to the new Diagonal Mar district with its famous Barcelona Forum Convention Centre, the flagship of the new Barcelona.All rooms are touched with contemporary design and are fully furnished and fitted to provide optimal comfort. The hotel's extensive common areas are filled with natural Mediterranean light and offer a luxurious view of our private interior garden.Our personalised service and commitment thrives on meeting your needs so that you can make the most of your stay in Barcelona.Pullman Barcelona Skipper is the ideal hotel that combines business and leisure, creating a product that can offer you the best in services and technology to ensure success, combined with premium recreation and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook, ACCOR, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Pullman Barcelona Skipper reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper Hotel Barcelona
- Ab Skipper Barcelona
- Hotel Ab Skipper
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper Catalonia