“The chef was less than enthusiastic, not hands on as promised.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 545 Activities in Barcelona
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
Activities: Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: Find out about the authentic local culture through its gastronomy. Our half-day Barcelona cooking classes are highly participative. You will learn how to cook the Spanish dishes that have travelled the world. You will cook them yourself with the aid of an experienced chef and the complicity of a small group. - Spanish cuisine classes - Tour of La Boqueria market - Team-building activities - Corporate events - Foodies walking tour
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Seattle, Washington
5 attraction reviews
“The chef was less than enthusiastic, not hands on as promised.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I took a one day cooking class and market tour. I specifically asked if it was a hands on class and the women said, 'yes.' However, when i arrived this was not the case. The pro: all you can drink wine during our class, location was good, menu was very good. Con: I could not hear the chef during the market tour, he would just speak directly to one member, not 'hands on' as promised, price/quantity was average, pretty short class, far too many members in the class and the chef seemed less than excited to be doing the class (he could have been sick, but not sure, he had the sniffles).

Visited October 2012
bsanchis, Propietario at Cook and Taste Barcelona Cooking Classes, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Rachel,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your experience in C&T. It's really important for us to get your feedback as it helps us offer a better service day after day.
I'm really sorry we didn't meet up to your expectations. I feel sad indeed for that and sincerely apologize for the impression you got from the chef. Be sure I'll personally go over the matter with him.
We would certainly appreciate an opportunity to change your view when you visit Barcelona again.

Thank you again, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!

Bego Sanchis
founder & ceo
Cook&Taste

• Turkish first
Austin, Texas
“Such a Good Time.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My family and I took this class on one of the last days of our trip in November. It was worth every penny! Those who want to actively participate can and those who prefer to observe can do that as well. My girls, ages 6 and 9, love to cook and chose to actively participate. The Chef was great and gave them age appropriate tasks and they were able to do them with a little help and supervision from Dad. Without a doubt one of our favorite memories from our trip.

Visited November 2012
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Don't need to be a foodie to enjoy this experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I attended a half day cookery course last Saturdayand really enjoyed it. "Kim" our guide and chef took us to the market to buy our produce and was really helpfully explaining every part of our experience. The cooking back at the kitchen was very relaxed and everyone was able to take part. Would recommend to anyone!

Rhinebeck, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Great Cooking Class for almost any level of Cook”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

It's bit pricey but worth every penny. You'll prepare a full menu of Catalan food. Our chef-teacher was super friendly. Instruction was provided in English. The class begins with a great tour of La Boqueria then moves on to the cooking class. Wine was served liberally and the class is very hands on while keeping everything light and fun. Definitely one of my favorite attractions in Barcelona. I took my ten year old nice and while the group is not geared toward children, she was made to feel welcome and was encouraged to participate in the food preparation.

Visited April 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We heard about Cook and Taste through one of our Frommer's travel guide. It was great introduction to some traditional Catalan recipes. The recipes were easy to follow and you could be as hands on as you wanted to be. We tried some great white and red wines with the meals. Our chef was entertaining and informative, and the food was very tasty. Overall of the cost of the class was comparable to other cooking classes we have taken in the states. We would definitely recommend this class to others who have an interest in cooking and learning more about the Catalan culture.

Visited November 2012