“Best Location- Made the Trip!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Campi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Hostal Campi
You added Hostal Campi to your Saves list
Carrer de Canuda, 08002 Barcelona, Spain (El Barri Gòtic)   |
Ranked #304 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Best Location- Made the Trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Campi is in an excellent location. Right off Las Ramblas and very close to Catalunya Square. Walking distance to so many charming parts of Barcelona. The room was large with a balcony, and very comfortable. Is a little noisy at night, but that's to be expected on a main street. I didn't lose any sleep. And, unlike some other hostels I've stayed in Barcelona, you couldn't hear your neighbors in the hostel coming or going. Overall, it was comfortable, clean and has good wifi. I would recommend the ensuite rooms as I wasn't crazy about the bathroom. The toilet didn't seem to flush well, but when I told someone at the desk about this, they took care of it. However, there was hot water! They also held my bags for a few hours after checkout. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed in July 2013. We booked the private room with bathroom. Hostal Campi was a great location extremely friendly staff who helped us in mostly English with sightseeing, metros, taxis, keeping our bags on our last day for a few hours and they also let us come back and use the shower after we checked out. No AC and it was extremely hot in Barcelona while we were here but not a huge deal. It was bout 25 euro taxi from the airport so a bit expensive but I found that there were cheaper ways to get there so I would highly recommend doing research. The metro was great and very easy to figure out once we were there.
Very basic rooms but great budget prices and it is safe with the best location possible. Right on north end of Ramblas two blocks from Metro and One block from gothic quarter. We walked so much and saw so much because of our great location at Hostal Campi.
Overall no complaints - basic but great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hostal starts on the second floor and our room was 2 more floors up. There is no elevator so know that you have a lot of stairs to deal with - along with your luggage. Staff was fine. Someone was at desk 24 hours. There is a computer for guests use which was great but there is a small fee to use it. And Wi-Fi often goes out.
If you need to make a call from the hotel you may not be able to if there is any fee associated with it. I had to find a public phone store several blocks away.
The room was very clean as were the bathrooms and showers down the hall. I sleep with earplugs but even so am I light sleeper. I had no problems here with noise. While I thought the price was a bit high for what you got I guess some people want to be that close to Las Ramblas. I would have preferred not to be. In general, I found Barcelona to be a bit more expensive than Madrid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hostal pretty last minute after reading reviews on here. The location is PERFECT if you want to see the best of Barcelona, turn right out of the door for the gothic quarter and Cathedral and left for La Rambla.
The room was bog standard but what you would expect for the price you pay. It was clean and the staff were friendly. Also as for the shared bathroom, we stayed here 4 nights and I didn't have a problem with a bathroom/toilet free. Plus they were good showers! Highly recommend this if your on a low budget trip!!

• Stayed July 2013
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Just off La Rambla near Catalunya Square - next to the Metro. Perfect location to see the main sights of Barcelona. The rooms are adequate and the bathroom just across the passage - I never saw another person so it was like having our own bathroom really. For the price being that Barcelona is expensive, I thought this hostal was fine - we stayed 2 nights.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed her e for 3 nights for a weekend event in barcelona. Booked by some friends. Location off La Rambla is perfect for getting to and from the airport and also most sights.
We stayed in a 3 bed room with 3 single beds. There was a sink in the room but that was pretty much it. Decor is from the 80s and doesnt look like much has changed from the 80s either.
Communal bathroom and shower rooms- just like student days!!!
There is a locked front door manned 24 hours. There are lots of stairs and I didn't see any lifts.
It was relatively clean.
If you are after a very cheap hostel on a budget, this will tick the box but if you are looking for anything else, you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Some rooms do have ensuite, so ask for those.