“Fantastic Bargain stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #212 of 510 Hotels in Barcelona
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Bargain stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have just this minute returned from my 5 night stay in Barcelona with my son. I have to be honest, after reading so many negative reviews before I left I was a tad worried. Well Im glad to report there was nothing to be worried about. It was perfect for us, the room was spacious, with air conditioning, a bathroom big enough to have a party in, use of a safe in the room without any extra charge, plenty of wardrobe space, tv, hairdryer, and mini bar. The decor is modern, although maybe could do with a lick of paint here and there, but thats me really struggling to find anything wrong with it. We opted for the hotel's buffet breakfast which was a perfect start to the day, lots of choice both for adults and kids (as I have a very fussy eater, my son loved it too), there was never a shortage of anything as the assistants were constantly topping food items up, I couldnt fault them.
Its a 5min walk to the Sagrada Familia and from there you can either get on the Barcelona City
Tour's bus or catch the Metro which is so easy to navigate, we purchased a 10 journey Ticket which works out cheaper. There are plenty of supermarkets nearby, and with the room having a mini fridge we stocked up on yoghurt, cheese slices etc and took our own packed lunch out.
I would def stay here again without fail. The guys on reception were very helpful especially when I needed to contact the police as I unfortunately had my phone stolen from my bag whilst out on La Rambla (Be aware of the pickpockets, I thought I was being careful but I had a moment where I forgot where I was and became a target). I paid a bit extra for a late checkout as our flight wasn't until the evening, and once checking out they have the facility of leaving luggage in their hold room, which I found a big help. I would definitely stay here again without having to think about it. Lovely hotel, in a quiet area, close to amenities and at a decent price.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 6th floor so had a lovely view and prob heard less of the noise if we were to b...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Recife, PE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The place was small, but new and clean. The breakfast for 8 euros was amazing! It's two blocks away from the Sagrada Familia Cathedral and the nearest Metro Station, which was about a 5 minute walk. The neighboorhood was great, really quiet. Wifi worked really well from the room. All staff speak great english, and are very polite.
Two down siders: On winter time, the central heater stays on and there's no way to regulate it. You have to open the window in order not to toast, and unless you wanna wake up when the sun comes up, you won't get much sleep because it will still be too hot inside.
And the pillows suck, they are very thin.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Nice and clean. But very small rooms. For couples o.k. And Sagrada familia is close to hotel. Breakfast is o.k., wi fi work good. That is all. Stuff are very polite and speak english. But, next time I think i will find other hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Merseyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Modern hotel in very good location, 2 minutes walk to the Gaudi cathedral and St Pau Hospital. Very close to a selection of excellent restaurants and bars in Avenue Gaudi.
Clean and modern hotel, free wifi, free aircon, minibar and very helpful staff, especially on reception. Breakfast is excellent, very good choice and plenty of it.
Reception gave us free maps and lots of information, also sold bus tour tickets at a reduced rate for 2 days.
Special thanks to Djailson on reception for all his help in confirming our transfer arrangements. He went out of his way to make sure everything was in order for us. The hotel excelled in every department, we could not fault anything.

We booked our airport transfer service through the hotel website, and although the hotel has no control over the transfer company we were very disappointed in the transfer service.We had to wait an hour and a three quarters at the airport on arrival while they waited for the next flight in, and the return transfer arrived to collect us half an hour early at the hotel. (6.00pm for a 10.45 flight) as the airport is no more than a half hour drive from the hotel this seemed a bit extreme. Not sure what other options may be cost effective, but would not recomment this one.

Room Tip: Front rooms are a little noisy, but we managed OK.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in March for 3 nights. Lovely clean room slightly on the small side but perfect to just be in for showering and sleeping!

Location isn't bad at all there is a shop selling all immediate needs directly across the road and lots of nice restaurants and bars 5 min stroll (not sure why others have said there is non). Also a 5 min walk from the hotel is also a tube/metro like station which when you figure out the stations is perfect!

We spent most days and nights at the beach and port Olympic as we loved it there so many restaurants and bars to choose from so strange being in a city with lovely beachs! Tip though do not walk took us over 2hrs of straight walking to get there when a taxi was only 10 pounds in English not worth the sore feet from a long walk back!

I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed March 2014
Porthmadog, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We just got back from a fantastic 5 day break in Barcelona.

Staying at this hotel made our trip even more enjoyable. For the price range it is absolutely outstanding value. Clean, comfortable, extremely helpful and friendly staff. I cannot praise it enough.

Rooms are air conditioned, which is a must at this time of year.

The pool isn't very big, but serves its purpose if you just want a dip to cool down after being out and about in the sun all day

It is also in an ideal location only about 10 minutes from the heart of Barcelona by metro from El Clot station and about 25 minutes from El Prat airport.

The local district neighborhood Clot (yes that's the correct spelling), is also worth exploring, with tree lined avenues, cafes and bars.

Look no further for a perfect holiday.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

close to sagrada familia we found that by booking to visit sagrada familia on line this helped by not standing for you tickets at 0930am to visit at 1300pm would recommend this hotel only bad thing was the crisps were out of date and if they had tea and coffee in your room as I like to have a coffee before going for breakfast