I have just this minute returned from my 5 night stay in Barcelona with my son. I have to be honest, after reading so many negative reviews before I left I was a tad worried. Well Im glad to report there was nothing to be worried about. It was perfect for us, the room was spacious, with air conditioning, a bathroom big enough to have a party in, use of a safe in the room without any extra charge, plenty of wardrobe space, tv, hairdryer, and mini bar. The decor is modern, although maybe could do with a lick of paint here and there, but thats me really struggling to find anything wrong with it. We opted for the hotel's buffet breakfast which was a perfect start to the day, lots of choice both for adults and kids (as I have a very fussy eater, my son loved it too), there was never a shortage of anything as the assistants were constantly topping food items up, I couldnt fault them.
Its a 5min walk to the Sagrada Familia and from there you can either get on the Barcelona City
Tour's bus or catch the Metro which is so easy to navigate, we purchased a 10 journey Ticket which works out cheaper. There are plenty of supermarkets nearby, and with the room having a mini fridge we stocked up on yoghurt, cheese slices etc and took our own packed lunch out.
I would def stay here again without fail. The guys on reception were very helpful especially when I needed to contact the police as I unfortunately had my phone stolen from my bag whilst out on La Rambla (Be aware of the pickpockets, I thought I was being careful but I had a moment where I forgot where I was and became a target). I paid a bit extra for a late checkout as our flight wasn't until the evening, and once checking out they have the facility of leaving luggage in their hold room, which I found a big help. I would definitely stay here again without having to think about it. Lovely hotel, in a quiet area, close to amenities and at a decent price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Sagrada Familia is a comfortable establishment situated in the heart of Barcelona, with 84 rooms and only 3 minutes walking distance from the Sagrada Familia Cathedral, one of the most famous monuments in the world and work of art from the architect Antoni Gaudí. The hotel is also very close to another famous building declared a UNESCO heritage site: the Santa Creu i Sant Pau hospital. Suitable for business men and women, getaways or even families who want to enjoy the great hospitality of the city. We offer you the comfort, services and location you are looking for. All the rooms have been designed mixing modern design and simplicity with ornate decoration, a modern interpretation of comfort. We provide meeting and conference rooms with a capacity for up to 30 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Orbitz, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Sagrada Familia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sagrada Familia Hotel
- Sagrada Familia Barcelona
- Hotel Sagrada Familia Barcelona, Catalonia