“Good basic hotel in Barcelona.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Sagrada Familia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corsega 541, 08025 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)   |
Ranked #207 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Boston
“Good basic hotel in Barcelona.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

As the name suggests, close to Sagrada Familia and the metro.

The Pro's
Modern, but basic hotel. Free Wifi. Desk staff speaks English. Rates are fairly reasonable.

I didn't pick the spot; traveling for work and this was close to my meeting at Hospital St. Pau.

Things to note:
Double rooms are the European double with two twins pushed together. Could use better pillows. Bathroom generous size with shower/tub. Basic bath amenities meaning okay towels, hand soap and hair dryer. Bring your own shampoo.

We had a room that faced the street -this was nice as we could open the windows and let in some nice light and fresh air. Basic roof topic deck available, though it closes at 6:30pm each night.

I was traveling for work so they included the breakfast package. Nice enough, but if you are on a budget I think you can get a better deal going to the La Boulangerie down the street for a coffee and pastry for around 3 euros.

Metro two blocks away and makes it really easy to get around Barcelona. Trains come every three minutes or so. After touring Barcelona I probably wouldn't stay on Las Ramblas or close to it, I was happier being where we were in a neighborhood and yet still close to everything.

Note: I did notice the hotel was strict on their double policy. You truly have to be a part of two to get the double room. Solo travelers will get a single.

Room Tip: Some rooms only have interior atrium windows.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Good location. Close to tube and the open tour bus, but quite far from the beach. People on reception had a good understanding of English and were always helpful. For a short stay in Barcelona the hotel was perfect.

• Stayed July 2013
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Hotel was quite simple to find following the directions from the website (although finding the way between the station and metro at Passeig de Gracia was a little tricky). A very short walk from the amazing Sagrada Familia church, yet just far enough out to be away from the hordes of tourists and the hustle and bustle.

The hotel itself is modern, clean and comfortable, and the check in staff were very helpful and friendly, having noted my request for a nice view. In addition they were always knowledgeable and friendly when I requested information about directions to attractions or suggestions on areas to visit for food/drinks.

The rooms are on the small side, but this is a city hotel so this was expected. Air conditioning was excellent and kept the room lovely and cool even with the warm sunny weather outside. Bathroom was modern and the shower was excellent quality, more powerful than my shower at home! Room was cleaned and sheets changed/towels replenished daily. My only complaint would be the bed was very hard, so I struggled to sleep on the first night, however it just took a bit of getting used to.

Breakfast was included in my excellent deal (which I got from lastminute.com), which was a continental style breakfast consisting of pastries, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurts, toast etc, plus a few hot items such as scrambled eggs and sausages. Fruit juice was included, however I found it slightly surprising that tea/coffee was at an extra charge. This did not bother me as I just drunk the juice, but I can imagine some people would be quite annoyed.

An added bonus of the hotel is the roof terrace, which while small, offers excellent views of the Sagrada Familia and surrounding streets. It has the sun all day, and is lovely to relax on in the afternoon with a beer or wine from the supermarket across the street.

Overall, this hotel is an excellent base for a visit to Barcelona, very close to the subway system, you can be anywhere in the city within around 20 minutes. Also a short bus ride from Park Guell which is definitely worth a visit. I recommend buying the T10 tickets as they cover bus, train and metro travel throughout the city, and give you 10 journeys for less than 10 euros.

I would like to thank the staff at the Hotel Sagrada Familia for an excellent stay, and will definitely stay again if I visit Barcelona in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street as the views are good (internal rooms aren't great as there is...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Baia Mare, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The Sagrada Familia hotel was recommended by our tourism agency which found us a really good deal on a city break. We got what we payed for, clean and neat room, nice people. A good located hotel, in a quiet area and really close to the Sagrada Familia. Good breakfast with a nice variety of choices. the wifi signal was ok, in the room and in the dining room. We could not say that this hotel has any drawbacks. Room service was great, spacious room, tv available. Thanks a lot!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiberias, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at S.Familia in February. Good location, very comfortable room with a safe without extra charge. Also the free wifi connection was excellent. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff, they understood us in english, italian and also a mix of spanish and portuguese. The staff who cleaned the rooms were very efficient and polite. The breakfast was very good with plenty of selection and there was just one lady who worked all the days and she was just great! Efficiency can learn with her what efficiency is.
We would certainly go back there if we'll visit Barcelona again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I came to Barcelona on business and the office booked me here. I came in on an early morning flight and although the were booked full, they had a room for me within 30 minutes and let me checking 4 hours early without a charge. Anything I asked for, they provided. The room was very quiet and comfy and very clean. Their showers have, hands down, the best water pressure of any I've had in the world. Like getting a message. The neighborhood offers the best of Catalonian life and tourist trappings. The only negative has been . . . NOTHING.

Room Tip: If you can get a room at the back, away from the street, it is quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Totowa, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Been meaning to write this review for quite some time now.

I visited the hotel back in 2008 and I was really impressed. The rooms were of decent size and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was huge compared to other places I have visited.

Front desk staff were very helpful. They even let me borrow an adaptor since I had purchased the wrong one.

The location is great being that the subway is a short walk away and many restaurants options close by. Also the Sagrada Familia is stone throw away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Sagrada Familia? Share your experiences!