Very easy to find on Paral-lel and right by the subway station of the same name. Easy check-in (and leave room keys at reception whenever you go out). Small lift. Building is tall and narrow. Free Wifi, but signal only really covers reception (I could get a signal in my room - sometimes - by opening the window and putting the laptop on the windowsill). Storage lockers available for your last day after checkout - large, and 2 Euros a day (they're in a back room, ask at reception). Place does breakfasts, but didn't use them - this area of the city is absolutely packed with bars/restaurants/cafes/small-shops - must especially recommend the Chinese buffet, just round the corner on Carrer Nou de la Rambla.
Now the rooms, and bathrooms - they ain't great. Mine was 4th floor at the front (404), 2 very narrow single beds, cheapest possible furniture in the rooms, bare tiled floors (mine very chipped and damaged - but probably a comfort in high summer), and the en-suite bathroom had been fitted out extremely amateurishly. Bath enamel was very chipped, with a couple of big scabs of rust on it. Poor design meant shower leaked floods onto the (tiled) floor every day. Towels very thin indeed. My room also smelt a bit - I think this was because the floors are mopped over everyday (and the cleaners did do a very thorough job every day) - but bits of mop-water are getting into the very cracked tiles and sitting there to leave a not-so-great smell. Not awful, but not great.
This is also a pretty noisy area at night (any night), mostly due to the clubs and street-life. Doesn't bother me - might bother others.
However - overall - this hotel was excellent value. We stayed all week for the Mobile World Congress, and all the hotels are packed, and charging premium rates - 50 Euro a night for such a great location is a true bargain. The staff were all perfectly ok and helpful. It's a pity that the hotel doesn't have the rooms refitted to a good basic standard (rather than the comically bad workmanship) - it wouldn't cost them much, and would transform the place into an excellent budget hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hostel is a simple and comfortable place, ideal for those who want to experience the heart of the city from a quiet setting. Hostal Abrevadero has all the comforts for you to feel right at home. Our philosophy is to offer the guest a good level of comfort with friendly service. We like to give our visitors personalized service, offering them everything they need, from 24-hour reception to ticket reservations for events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, T4B, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hostal Abrevadero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Abrevadero Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal Abrevadero Barcelona, Catalonia