“Hotel Olivia earns it's stars from it's employees” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Olivia Plaza Hotel

You added Olivia Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Olivia Plaza Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plaza Catalunya, 19, 08002 Barcelona, Spain (Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic))   |
Ranked #44 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Hotel Olivia earns it's stars from it's employees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is right in the middle of Barcelona so it is very handy for the tours to everything. It is beautifully decorated for a small boutique hotel. The rooms are not huge so look carefully when you book but they are very well designed and comfortable.
My wife and I are from Canada and came in to the hotel at night on the end of a great upscale holiday in Spain and were greeted wonderfully and taken care of by Rebecca as she checked us in. During the 4 day stay I was always greeted with a smile and the attention to every need by Laura and Rebecca and the concierge was a great treat for me as I travel a lot and don't see it enough.
I had mentioned to Rebecca on the first night of a small problem I had and the next day the Manager, Señor Nacho (spelling?) sought me out and went wayyy out of his way to make sure that I was more than satisfied. I have to recommend this hotel highly due to the staff that make the stay a great experience. Well done. And btw, I know this may sound like a phoney review but I believe that good service deserves compliments.
PS: Use the hotel's electric bikes, it is a great way to get around.
Cheers,

Room Tip: Higher is quieter as the hotel is the main square that is crowded, but the hotel is quite quiet anyw...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Monaghan, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My Husband treated me to this hotel as a 40th birthday gift. We arrived very early on the Friday morning room wasn't ready but they told us to return at 1pm, we returned and we had a room over looking the square, spectacular view and the bed was very large and extremely comfortable. I have never stayed anywhere quiet like it before. The breakfast was lovely and the staff were all so friendly, We only had 3 days in Barcelona, the bus tour is a must, fantastic and you see the whole city. I hope to return, I just hope it won't be for my 50th!!!! Sooner rather thank later. A big thank you to Marc Camps the manager.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
OliviaHotels, Director General at Olivia Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice review, and thanks to your husband for his choice :-) We are very happy to see that your stay with us was memorable, and can't wait to seeing you again in Barcelona, hopefully before your 50th anniversary!

On behalf of my team and myself, thank you again for staying with us!

Warm regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

great hotel !! the rooms are a little bit small but the beds are great, the design is young and fancy, the location is the best. in our next visit in Barcelona we will back again......................

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Medina, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Some kind of hotel in the center if the city. So nice and organized, all staff were helpful, the only thing we did not like is the noise coming from the street in to our room which is in the first floor.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

If there is an expression that we like to hear from our guests when staying with us, is exactly the one you chose to describe your experience in our hotel. Awesome stays for awesome guests! ;-)

Hope to see you again in our place!!

Best regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay in Barcelona ,it's a lovely glamorous city as well we enjoyed our stay with the Olivia plaza
We stayed their for 3days two nights ,1st we had a small incident then Mr. Marc camps the director & general manager of the hotel did all what he can to make us happy,relaxed & enchanted in our vacation
He is really one of the best managers I had ever seen in my whole life with his sense of respect & hospitality .. My family & my self are used to 5 stars hotels but with this hotel & this superb type of management you would just feel @ home .
I've to mention the location of this hotel is the best.

Hanan.
21-23/4

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Hamza family,

There is nothing better than clients that become friends. You know that this is your home in Barcelona, and that we will be glad to seeing you again in your future trips to our city!

Warm regards!

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is in a fantastic location. We took the shuttle bus from the airport and the first stop was at the square outside the hotel. We walked everywhere. The hotel is clean, modern and bright. The hotel gave us a complimentary upgrade and we were very pleased with our room. It was bright, modern and had a small living room. The bathroom was well designed and had excellent amenities. A complimentary breakfast was served in a bright sun room.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Deat guest,

Thank you for your comments and nice review here at TA. Describe our hotel as "bright" is like sunshine in the morning... pure energy for all of us working at the Plaza, believe me! Thank you for staying in our hotel, your home in Barcelona.

Best regards!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel in early April 2015 for three nights. The hotel is located steps from La Rambla, near Plaça de Catalunya, where you can buy tickets for and board the ho-ho buses. The hotel itself was very clean with good sized rooms (for European standards). We had an inside room, i.e., away from the Plaça, and it was very quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We ate breakfast there a couple of times and it was very good. We'd definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Olivia Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!