“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Ranked #43 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Will definetely come back.
My wife and i enjoyed it all during our stay - five nights before the Christmas.
The location is perfect, the staff are so kind and willing to help, and the room are great.
Totally recommend this hotel when arriving to Barcelona.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The rooms are modern, smart solutions and quiet. The beds and linnen are superb. The breakfast was very nice, and the staff very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect. The hotel also have a very nice terrace and a small garden which is perfect for an afternoon cava (very good selections of cava) or a night cap.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Gold Coast Australua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

As we only had a very short time in Barcelona, we arrived mid-afternoon Sunday 30th December and left early morning flight Tuesday 2nd December, I spent some time researching Hotels before booking. I obviously wanted a central location, plenty of landmarks close-by, a nice contemporary hotel with comfortable rooms spacious enough for my husband, teenage son and I. (Very few Hotels in Barcelona seem to sleep more than 2 adults per room.)
I kept coming back to Olivia Plaza Hotel and booked a triple room in advance at an excellent rate. Upon our arrival I was not disappointed - we pulled up smack bang in the centre of Placa Catalunya and Las Ramblas and our room was huge, beautifully decorated and clean. The staff were fabulous organising a day of tours and we walked everywhere else shopping and sightseeing.
We will definately come back to Barcelona and we will absolutely be staying at this wonderful Hotel again!

• Stayed December 2014
Erskine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a fabulous stay in Olivia Plaza Nov 29th-Dec 2nd. The airport bus dropped us off almost outside the front door. Staff were friendly from start to finish and always helpful. Our room had a lovely view over the city, and was very quiet and relaxing. Bus tours left from across the road, and there were so many restaurants to choose from. All in all a very special city break, and we shall return to this wonderful place.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view on a high floor. Room 704 was great
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed at the Olivia Plaza Hotel on November 18th as our first stop on our honeymoon Euro trip. On our way to the hotel, our driver told us that it is RIGHT in the middle of EVERYTHING... And he was very right. We never needed to take a taxi as we could walk to all of the major sites, restaurants, and night life. The city is simply alive and we were in the heart of it.

I wrote to the staff prior to arriving and they surprised us with a bottle of Cava, it was a very nice detail. The staff was always very friendly and ready to help however they could. The hotel has a "W" like feeling to it as it is modern and chic, yet still feels very cozy. Not only would we go back there but I also recommended my friend who is getting married to stay there for his honeymoon.

The hotel made our Barcelona experience amazing and we will be forever thankful.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I enjoyed the view from my room and the breakfast was fantastic. The location was incredible and the staff was well prepared and very courteous. I thought Rebecca was very friendly and knowledgeable. The front desk manager was also very helpful. I will definitely come back.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After reading the many good reviews, chose this hotel while attending a recent convention. Stayed 3 nights from 1-Dec. Extremely glad with my choice for several reasons:
1. Location - This hotel is on and faces Plaza Catalunya, the Touristic heart of Barcelona. Las Ramblas is 2 mins away and all the buses, taxis and hop-on&offs start here. Metro is right across. 'Aerobus' which is a Direct coach service from City center to Airport also starts at this Plaza (didn't use it myself). Abundance of eateries all around and a large supermarket is next door.
2. Very clean - The Rooms and bathroom reflected the excellent maintenance and is a great testimony to the Housekeeping staff. Linen & Towels were clean and stain free.
3. Excellent attitude of staff - My experience here started off with Mr.Otman at the reception, who on my request, managed to get me an EXCELLENT room on the 5th floor looking into the busy Plaza!!! Same evening as I stepped out for a stroll on the Las Ramblas, the Security at the Door was kind to warn me - proactively - to watch out for pickpockets. Every other individual I interacted with had the same warm and helpful attitude.
If you are wondering why the 4 stars and not 5, despite all praises?!?! Well, the Hotel is rated as 4-star while in my opinion, considering the facilities at the Hotel, it is more like a 3.5 star. Another reason would the Breakfast spread and quality of food. It is good but fall short of many a 4-stars I have been to.
All in all, a great choice for Barcelona Tourists

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Olivia Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!