“Perfect for Central Barcelona” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #14 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Shepton Mallet
“Perfect for Central Barcelona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Excellent service; best location near cathedral, beach/harbour, Gothic town, Museums and Markets , wonderful view from the top floor over Barcelona, rooms of very high standards. We will come back .very good room

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Greek first
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was perfect. Staff were friendly and extremely helpful along with an extremely comfortable bed!! Location was great with about a 5 minute walk to the centre square and to top it off the roof top pool made for some great pictures!
Overall we had an amazing time here and would definitely come back and would recommend it to anyone considering it!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have a view of the old city wall

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I booked this hotel for its location - central to El Born and Barri Gotic and a 20 minute walk from the beach. I stayed for four nights at the end of November.

The hotel deserves its 5 Star rating. The design, staff and services are excellent and we just didn't want to leave the hotel - we definitely would recommend it and hope to return one day.

We arrived early and were greeted with a warm welcome and were able to check in to our room straight away. The room was immaculate and well designed with nice touches like welcome sweets, dressing gowns and flip flops, tea facilities and USB charging points - we also loved the James Bond style electric black out blinds. The turn down service was also good, providing chocolates and water.

I love a hotel breakfast but hate having to wake up early while on holiday to get breakfast before it closes so it was great to see that breakfast was available until 11am on week days, and I think 11.30am on weekends. The selection was excellent as was service.

The stand out feature of this hotel has to be the roof top pool area. The infinity pool was simply breathtaking - although too cold to swim in, in November. The pool side seating area was excellent and although the bar is closed during winter you are able to dial for 'room service' facilities up there. There are also heaters so we often went up there after dinner to take in the view before bed.

The hotel has other great facilities, free wifi everywhere (yippee!), a gym (which I didn't see or use), a library, an art gallery, restaurant, cafe and excellent lounge area with buttons to call for service - I recommend trying the lychee martini - it is simply delicious! The whole hotel is designed and maintained with such thought and style it really is excellent. The hotel is suitable for any purpose - business, romantic, friends.

We also used the spa for a couples massage - this was probably the only down side of the hotel. The room, although beautifully designed was quite small, and I don't think the massage was quite up to scratch. I also think it was over priced, at 210 Euros, I would say around 140 Euros would be a more suitable price.

We had a minor issue with a fuse blowing in our bedroom so half the lights going out. This was addressed immediately and fixed within 20 mins.

The location is excellent. It is around a 15/20 minute walk from Placa De Catalunya where the AeroBus starts/ends, it is near the Picasso Museum and next to a supermarket, in just a few steps you are in the center of El Born and its range of winding streets and restaurants or cross the road straight into Barri Gotic. We often took a 20 minute stroll down to the beach.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The rooms are clean & modern. The staff speaks perfect english and they are amazing at service. They never said no to us. I ran out of toothpaste, soap, oh bunch of stuff... and they gave me everything I needed with a smile. They went out of there way to make us feel welcomed.

The hotel is located to many attractions walking distance. Many restaurants, cafes, etc.. near by. The Hop on hop off buses are also close walking distance. I also found that the prices they were charging for drinks in a high class hotel was more than fair. I truly enjoyed my stay.

Breakfast was delicious, it was better than the Ritz Belmond in Madrid in my opion and they had a great breakfast, so I think that says a lot. Breakfast was included in my rate which I do recommend. It fills you up all day and you can just do a light lunch/tapas in the afternoon and then have dinner.

One thing I did wan to point out is that there is construction going on outside towards the side of teh building. It is quite loud especially at 8am. However, you have to understand that half of Barcelona is under construction. At least as a tourist thats how it looked to me. It is a very old city and they are always keeping up with it, hence why this city is absolutely gorgeous and in pretty great shape considering how old it is. If noise is huge issue for you, keep that in mind.

Besides that I really don't have much complaints. It was just lovely and I felt like I had made a wise choice.

Room Tip: Drinks are great at the bar, they have a nice variety, breakfast is great, and they have a nice libr...

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Grand Hotel Central is very nice, well situated and, as stated in the lift, the view from the roof is stunning !!!
The room was large and had a good entertainment system.
The staff is nice and helpful.
The Breakfast is great.
Only downside, my room had a nice view on..... the building opposite (which I could nearly touch from my window :( )

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Great hotel and a perfect location. Loved the rooftop infinity pool. Amazing views. Large room with beautiful big window. Comfortable bed. Pool needs to be heated during cooler months so it is not so cold.

• Stayed November 2014
Stokenchurch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 4 nights during a business trip. The first night was by far the worst as the street noise (and building work) going on adjacent to my corner room made sleeping very difficult. It was only in the morning that I discovered one of my windows was not fully closing. A quick request to reception got this sorted out and the next 3 nights were far better. Hotel is smart, clean and modern but I would definitely categorise this as for business and would suggest alternatives for a personal getaway.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Grand Hotel Central? Share your experiences!