My wife and I just spent 5 days at the Grand Hotel Central after staying at the Westin Palace in Madrid for 4 days. Both 5 star hotels. The Westin Palace was far superior. The Grand Hotel Central has a more "modern" vibe if that is what you like. Reminded me alot of the W Hotel. I found the service, and the "little things" lacking. The staff was all very young and seemed somewhat inexperienced. The front desk didn't covert money which was a first for me traveling in Europe. The front desk also had difficulty breaking larger denominations of money, i.e. a 50 Euro bill. A major problem? No- but little things add up. The rooms were small- I don't like having to negotiate around suitcases to get to the bathroom. No ironing board or iron in the room which is a pet peeve for me. The staff did bring an iron but the ironing board was a desk top pop up which was useless. The next day the concierge called and said they needed the iron back because they only had 10 for the entire hotel. The breakfast buffet was no frills. The roof top bar is as advertised. Very relaxing. Beautiful pool. Great at sunset. Unfortunately getting any type of drink service was like pulling teeth. Our last night we went up for drinks and the bar was woefully understaffed. 2 people serving about 50. After 30 minutes of the server hurrying past us multiple times without making eye contact or giving me an opportunity to flag him down we simply left. The property is in a great location- within walking distance of most places. Overall- average. Not terrible. Not great. Would not stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hotel Central, a home in the heart of Barcelona where the amenities and luxuries of a five-star hotel are combined with a sense of style and elegance. The hotel has a perfect location between the Gothic district with its spectacular Cathedral or the ancient city walls and "el Born". 147 spacious rooms & suites with the best of modern design. Its very famous infinity pool, the Avalon Restaurant where the awarded Chef Ramon Freixa presents affordable cuisine to share with friends, the stylish the City Bar offering all day dining including salads, sandwiches and a wide cocktail menu surrounded by good music in a relaxing atmosphere, the Gallery our art space perfect for private events, the Wellness Suite with its carefully designed treatments, the Thermal Suite that offers a private steam and sauna experience, the well equipped Fitness Center, and a dedicated team who understands your specific requirements for any meeting or event in one of our multiples spaces... All creates a unique lifestyle and fashionable experience with a sense of elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Otel, MrandMrsSmith, getaroom.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hotel Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Barcelona
- Grand Hotel Central Barcelona, Catalonia
- Grand Central Hotel Barcelona