Just returned from a very enjoyable long weekend in Barcelona with family. We booked standard rooms (3 rooms with three people in two of the rooms). Beds were comfortable. Two of the rooms were at the front of the hotel but noise was not a problem and the beds were comfortable. There are good blackout blinds. We found all the staff we dealt with very friendly and efficient - this seemed to come from the management down. We had breakfast and this was fine with a good choice of fresh fruit juice, hot food pastries, etc.- a toaster would be nice though. The restaurant menu looked excellent. It was rather cold on the roof terrace where drinks are served but there are heaters available.The hotel is in the process of providing a bar on the ground floor which will be good.The view from the terrace is fantastic The rooftop pool is lovely but extremely cold - would it cost much for this to be heated as this was part of the reason we chose this hotel (two adults and two children went in briefly!!) This was our fourth visit to Barcelona and we all felt that we would stay here again because of the hotel's central location and close vicinity to the marina. We loved TapaTapa by the marina/shopping mall - especially when the sun is shining. We also ate in the Italian restaurant a few doors up from the hotel and this was fine. Some of us went on the tourist bus - a great way to see the city. We all went to see the wonderful "magic fountains" and the unfinished cathedral (book the tickets on line to tavoid the extremely long queues). There is so much to do and see in Barcelona for everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hotel Central, a home in the heart of Barcelona where the amenities and luxuries of a five-star hotel are combined with a sense of style and elegance. The hotel has a perfect location between the Gothic district with its spectacular Cathedral or the ancient city walls and "el Born". 147 spacious rooms & suites with the best of modern design. Its very famous infinity pool, the Avalon Restaurant where the awarded Chef Ramon Freixa presents affordable cuisine to share with friends, the stylish the City Bar offering all day dining including salads, sandwiches and a wide cocktail menu surrounded by good music in a relaxing atmosphere, the Gallery our art space perfect for private events, the Wellness Suite with its carefully designed treatments, the Thermal Suite that offers a private steam and sauna experience, the well equipped Fitness Center, and a dedicated team who understands your specific requirements for any meeting or event in one of our multiples spaces... All creates a unique lifestyle and fashionable experience with a sense of elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA, Otel, Priceline, EasyToBook, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Grand Hotel Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Barcelona
- Grand Hotel Central Barcelona, Catalonia
- Grand Central Hotel Barcelona