“Helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #344 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Hobart, Australia
“Helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I chose the hotel because it is very close to the railway station. On arrival I asked if there was a nearby restaurant that could be recommended. The receptionist had perfect English and gave me detailed directions to a place a few minutes walk away. He even accompanied me outside to point out the directions. When I arrived at the restaurant, they were expecting me and immediately made me feel at home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Valencia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Transit hotel is an small hotel located very close to Barcelona Sants station and only fifteen minutes from Spanya square.
The rooms are small, but very clean and comfortable. Only a problem, There was no hair dryer available!
It is not possible to have breakfast at the hotel, but you have several bars and restaurants in the same street.
I recommend to you the Transit hotel. If you want to visit Barcelona and to use your hotel only for sleeping, it is perfect: cheap, clean, comfortable and well located.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Wyckoff, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is well located near the Sants train station, so is very convenient. It is on a quiet side street, and there are many restaurants nearby. The metro is only a few blocks away, and it is an easy walk to Plaza Espana. The lobby is small, but pleasant. The rooms are also quite small, but they have everything you need, and are nicely decorated with large murals of Barcelona scenes. There is wi-fi in the lobby but not in the rooms. There was no hair dryer available. ( It seemed to have been lost or stolen!). All in all, we liked the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Tring
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Fantastic value for money. Recently re-furbished and so quite immaculate. All facilities to hand though no in-room internet nor breakfast. As room was so small I wouldn't want to spend any time there apart from sleeping. Plenty of bars and restaurants close by and only 5 minutes from Barcelona Sants station.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was taken here as a treat and had no part in chosing our accomodation. Having read a few reviews I was a bit wary of what I mgiht find. I needn't have worried. From the moment we arrived the staff were helpful, polite and (luckily for us) English speakers. Our room was on the 2nd floor with a small balcony. It was very clean, simple but stylish and suited us perfectly.

There is wifi in the lobby but we were able to access from the room. This wouldn't be the case in other parts of the hotel. There is a vending machine but several restaurant/bars nearby that will more than adequately cover any food and drink requirements along with a Hipermarket and a smaller local shop a few doors up the road.

It's very close to Sants Estacio station and a short walk to Espanya.

Overall we were very pleased at the exceptional value for money this hotel added. I would like to re-iterate that the staff we encountered were all professional and charming.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This place is little more than a glorified hostel. Shoebox sized rooms and NO INTERNET in the rooms- say what? Is this not the 21st century? Expect to get little to nothing done if you're in transition as you move into Barcelona. And call me crazy but a hotel that boasts itself as good for international travelers should speak more than just Spanish and Catalan- at all hours of the night. Americans and British alike don't just disappear after 10pm... Upon check-in, after I saw my shoebox sized room, I asked for a double room; the woman who checked me in said there were none; this was at 3pm. At about 6pm, on my way out, there was a new concierge. I stopped to ask him why the internet was so God-awful and a man came in off of the street asking if there was a room available. The man replied :solo un doble; meaning only a double for 55euro. Wtf?? I didn't make a big deal of it but it bothered me so I went back around 9:30/10, asking for a new double room (the single is somewhat intolerably small) whereupon I was greeted by yet ANOTHER concierge who said he spoke English but did not. He told me he could move me for 65 euros. I explained to him as best I could in Castilian (Spanish) but he apparently spoke only Catalan (and Hindi, as he was Indian) that I had just heard the same room offered to another man for 10 euros less. Stay 2 blocks away for 20euros more at Carrer del Callao 8, I think its called Townhouse Apartments City Center. So much of a better value; you'll be safe and comfortable. Transit es no bueno.

Room Tip: Insist on a double, chances are they have them but won't tell you and DO NOT stay in room 1- you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel is within walking distance from Estacio de Sants and Tarragona train/metro stations. We even walked to the attractions in Montjuic. It was also easy to travel to Plaza Espanya during the wee hours to catch the night bus to airport. The hotel staffs were courteous but we'd like it better if the registration form that we had to sign during check-in had an English version. The room was new and clean apart from the awful creaking noise made by the bathroom door. The toiletries were not replenished at all during our 4 night stay. There was neither internet nor breakfast but some vending machines at the lobby area. Overall, the hotel was basic but served its purpose as resting place at night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Transit Hotel? Share your experiences!