I want to be fair as I am not one to write reviews but would like to set some expectations in regards to this Hotel. First and foremost it does offer a beautiful view of the water but is very far from the square and historic sites of Barcelona. It was referred to as the new city by the bartender and our taxi driver and indeed it is. Everything is ultramodern except the customer service.
The reception desk was flat out rude and ignored our request to check in at the Exceutive lounge upon our arrival as instructed by emails from the hotel. We were using points plus cash rewards and were told that we would need to pay an additional fee upon our arrival for the twin bed for our daughter. Wait , are we not using points and already paying a fee ?
The hotel is across from a mall and that is the only atrraction in the area. I think they cater to a business travler and not someone there for a holiday. No turn down service or leaving the lounge with a wine glass to enjoy in your room . We were ask to place our wine in a styrafoam cup! Ok if at the Holiday Inn but not standard for a four star hotel! I would choose something closer to the square and be sure that they apprecaite those travlers redeeming well earned loyalty points. Enjoy Barcelona!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only at a 10 minutes' walk from the beach, the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona offers stunning views of the sea and the spectacular morning rising sun! Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona is "the place to be" should you wish to enjoy a fun family beach holiday, have a cultural Barcelona City break or spend an unforgettable romantic weekend in Catalonia's capital. At less than 25 minutes from the airport, conveniently served by the Tram and metro to reach the city center in just a few stops, the hotel is also facing the largest shopping centre in Barcelona, Diagonal Mar. The hotel offers a luxury seasonal outdoor pool, a paddling pool for the youngest and all 4 stars facilities and services such as fitness centre, sauna and comfortable air conditioned rooms. Our multilingual concierge team can assist you with car and bike renting, museum visits, beauty treatments reservations or simply recommend the best cultural places to discover. Overlooking the sea or Barcelona's sky line, the stylish spacious rooms at the Hilton Diagonal Mar come with WI-FI or wired internet access, flat screen LED TV, safe and mini bar, and some can be connected to other rooms for your convenience. Pamper yourself and book a Hilton Executive room: enjoy the hotel's spacious Executive Lounge offering space to relax and enjoy a unique Mediterranean light with spectacular city and sea views from its 15th floor terrace. As an Executive guest, you will benefit from exclusive services in our lounge: complimentary internet access, all day refreshments, breakfast and afternoon snacks. The Hilton Indigo's restaurant serves delicious International and Catalan food. The seasonal poolside bar and Restaurant "Brisa" offers Mediterranean dishes to be enjoyed on its beautiful terrace. The Pistaccio Lounge bar is the perfect venue for cocktail lovers wishing to start or end their evening in a relaxed atmosphere or simply enjoy the complimentary WIFI to plan their next visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Hilton International Barcelona
- Hilton Barcelona
- Barcelona Hilton
- Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona Catalonia