“Not a real luxury hotel” 2 of 5 stars

You added Gran Hotel Balneario Blancafort to your Saves list
Gran Hotel Balneario Blancafort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mina 7 | Barcelona, 08530 Barcelona, Spain   |
Ranked #247 of 517 hotels in Barcelona
“Not a real luxury hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was a little bit disappointed. The room was chilly, I had to let the water flow five minutes before getting it hot. The pillow was too tall but that was the only model avaiable in the hotel. The cover was dirty as well as a couple of towels. The restaurant has excellent beed, really delicious, but one I finished the bread and ask for more, I had to ask it three times. Breakfast is served at 7.30, so if you need to travel for business, it is not so convenient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vilanova I La Geltru, Catalonia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

La Garriga is about 25 minutes by car from Barcelona. The carpark was free wich was a bonus, and we were met with a glass of cava at reception as there was a queue of people checking in/out. So we got to sit on the very comfortable sofas and relax until the queue died down. Our room on the 2nd floor was a standard double with a very large bed, plenty of wardrobe space and a double sink in the bathroom. Our room looked onto the outdoor heated spa pool. We had our spa session at 5.00 pm and there were about 20 people there max which was fine. The spa area is well maintained, my only complaint is that the water in the main pool is very deep and as I am only 5ft 1" it was a struggle with some of the stronger water jets! Very amusing for my husband though. The water was also slightly colder than I would have expected. An hour was perfect though. I later had a relaxing massage from a male masseur which was a surprise, they had mixed up my booking and though that the massage was for my husband! Although I was a bit nervous at first it was fine, and although not too relaxing I felt invigorated after. We had dinner out of the hotel but there is a good restaurant, bar, and card rooms if you want to stay in the hotel. The breakfast was excellent with plenty of variety and good quality. The staff at the hotel were friendly but discreet and I would definitely go back there again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building make it easier to access the spa and dining room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Alvechurch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We loved the town La Garriga, (not really Barcelona) that the hotel was situated in, the hotel is quiet, attractive and the rooms well equipped. Looked like a lovely spa, beautiful gardens. Excellent car park although €16 per night.

The reason for choosing the hotel was that we could take our two small dogs. (Bichon Frises) However, they were not allowed anywhere including outside eating and drinking spaces, (we wouldn't expect to take them in the restaurant) they charged us €21 per dog for this privilege which meant we couldn't use any of the lovely facilities. Additionally, although the room was well equipped it was sorely in need of redecoration. The shower only ran hot water for such a long time that I gave up in the end, temperature did correct itself eventually too late for me though. Wifi was very hit and miss only working in our room if we stood by the door. Didn't work at all in the reception or restaurant areas.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Great!
Located in La Garriga, only 1/2 hour by car from Barcelona, this hotel is like an oasis strongly recomendable in order to disconnect of work or spend a few days enjoying its superb termalism and restaurant for gourmets.

• Stayed July 2012
St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Having been & stayed in the hustle & bustle in central Barcelona 2 yrs ago, we wanted a "get away from it all" long weekend this time.
This hotel is perfect for that-in a small village, La Garriga, 1 hour & 45 mins by (2) trains from the airport.Not for you if you want to see the sights or do the shooping experience. Hotel room was pristine, bathroom large & immaculate & excellent quality bedding-as you would expect for a 5* accomodation. Breakfast plentiful & caters for all palates but bar & restaurant not open till 7.30pm even in July-not perfect for us, so we ate out in the village restaurants.
The hotel staff really very helpful & printed us a train timetable without us asking-they couldn't do enough for us & that really made our holiday. This hotel is not for you if you like a busy jampacked holiday though.I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel-just be warned you need to have a sense of adventure regarding the train travelling experience!!
It will cost 90 euros plus in a cab from the airport and was a lot further away from the airport than we did expect-internet says 28 km but it is more like 35km from the airport.Be warned but don't be put off-this village is a taste of "old Spain".

Room Tip: Luxury accomodation in a beautiful village-ideal romantic getaway!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have stayed here twice, visiting my son who is working in La Garriga for a year. Both stays were escellent.The rooms are clean and comfortable, tastefully decorated and well serviced. Breakfast is plentiful and of excellent quality. The staff are fantastic - nothing is too much trouble. I would thoroughly recomment this hotel - I stay in at least two hotels a week in the UK and this is better value and better quality than most, by a long way.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
NW ENGLAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of March whilst attending the F1 testing at the Circuit de Catalunia a few miles away.

The Hotel is not easy to find, as La Gariga is a pedestrianised centre and you in effect have to drive around the back of ther town for access.

The Hotel is well appointed and there was a drink awaiting us at reception. The room was fine but nothing more and a little small.

The grounds of this Hotel are superb, its like a little oasis in this buit up suberb of Barcelona, and the style of the buildings is very pleasant..

Breakfast was quite good for Europe and the hot items were regularly refreshed.

Now to the pièce de résistance - the spa. It is a hydro spa and we were on a package that allowed us complimentary entrance each day.

It takes about and hour to use all the various hydro devices and the pelvic jet is permanently occupied - I wonder why. A truly wonderful experince. I've been in hydro spas before but never one as comprehensive as this. Very relaxing!!!

The town is small and mostly just locals - however we went to one local bar and met some of the locals and spent 4 hours chatting eating and drinking with them - all for a less than 20 Euro's - bargain night out of the year.

I believe its about 30 mins on the train into Barcelona and also to the beach.

Room Tip: Don't end up at the end of a corrider, I think these are smaller rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Gran Hotel Balneario Blancafort? Share your experiences!