“Can't praise this hotel enough!” 5 of 5 stars

Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrer Elisabets 11, 08001 Barcelona, Spain (El Raval)   |
Ranked #2 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Helsinki
“Can't praise this hotel enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I don't think I can praise Casa Camper enough. It was everyhting we could hope and more.

We stayed here in May 2012 with my friend and a 4-year-old kid. After booking the room I got a nice personalized email where the staff welcomed us, explained how their two-room system works and how we could get the most from our stay.

The location is simply perfect: right in the centre, on one of Rambla's quieter side streets. When we arrived we were given a super warm welcome and a little tour around the lobby and snack bar. Our bedroom was very comfy and it had enough space even with an extra bed. The living room on the other side of the hall with a view to the pedestrian street was also lovely. The hammock was a fun surprise especially for our kid.

Speaking of kids: I have never in my life stayed in a hotel where children would have been treated better. The staff took extra good care of us, played with our kid, showed him around and talked with him but also respected him as a person. This might sound weird, but in many hotels the staff is really nice to the kids but somehow treats them like they were pets or dolls or something. But not here, no. Our kid said he wants to stay here forever (and we adults felt the same). Oh, and another thing about treating people well. We felt that in Casa Camper you can be yourself no matter what you look like and to which minority (or majority) you belong to.

Everything in the hotel from the front door to the walk in showers is designed with good taste. The decor is not only stylish but also fun. Our room like the whole place was spotless. The bed was really comfy and the rain shower... whoa, I want that to my own house! On the first evening there was a bottle of sparkling wine waiting for us when we arrived.

Often hotels' 24-hour snack bars aren't that great, but the one in Casa Camper had really tasty salads, sandwiches, drinks, pastries, organic yoghourt and other goodies all of us three enjoyed very much. The breakfast was even better with freshly prepared eggs, bacon and pancakes cooked for order. One time we ate it on the cute roof terrace.

So the location is perfect and the hotel was great, but the best part was the incredible staff, one of the best I've ever met in my travels. From the first email to the check out we felt ourselves loved. Will go back as soon as possible and recommend to everybody I know.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Casa Camper’s hip and thoughtful design fit perfectly into the somewhat bohemian and quirky Raval neighborhood. Comfortable, minimalist, and cool, this is by no means a luxury hotel, yet the service is better than that at many 5 star properties. If you are looking for posh, I'd recommned staying in the Eixample shopping district...but if you want to be close to many attractions and be in the heart of the city, stay here.

The staff was incredibly accomodating and helped us fax paperwork to the U.S., and made us dinner reservations at two wonderful restaurants. They offered spot on directions, recommendations, and assistance as requested, and are friendly and welcoming. As other reviewers have mentioned, rooms actually have two parts, which is an interesting and useful concept. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are thoughtfully laid out, and the rooftop deck is an added bonus. We loved and got a ton of use out of the 24-hour pantry…it’s an amazing idea that I can’t believe other hotels haven’t copied. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again any time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Hotel staff were very freindly & always helpful. Rooms were spacious with great massive beds plenty of storage space, TV, radio. Walk-in shower & a sink that faced the fully glassed back wall (a window filling the back wall) overlooking the vertical garden. Opposite our room was our private lounge, omelette with another TV, balcony & a hammock!

Downstairs, the reception come dining room offered complimentary food & drinks 24 hours a day - a selection of sandwiches, cakes, fruit & salads along with cakes, muffins biscuits crisps, coke, water, tea & coffee.

The location couldn't be better in the centre of town, very close to where the airport bus drops you off and easy access to everything & everywhere. Oh and did I mention the complimentary wifi too?

My partner & I are very much hoping to plan a stay in the Berlin Casa Camper as soon as we can to see if it can match the Barcelona branch!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

From the moment we walked in the door we were made to feel so welcome by all the staff. The hotel is superb, the breakfast wonderful. Very good location. I would go back tomorrow, and will go back as soon as possible. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Fantastic, friendly service right down to taking you to your room and explaining how it all works. At first I thought having a sitting room across the hall from your room was a bit disjointed, but I grew to like it. I loved the fresh air of the sitting room where you could watch the world go by (pedestrian only road), but then being able to sleep in a very quiet room across the hall. We arrived by airport bus and the drop off point is only a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel. Equally easy to see the city sites as the hotel is just off La Rambla (far end from the waterfront, though). We rented bikes just around the corner from the hotel, a great way to get around Barcelona. We also enjoyed being able to help ourselves from the food & drinks available 24 hours. Nice freshly made salads and desserts among other goodies.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Don't expect cushy carpets and luxurious bathrooms, but Casa Camper takes bare-bones, minimalism and makes it work very well. At first I was nervous, but within about an hour I got it and was completely at home in the room and lobby. The room is completely comfortable and everything is there and labeled for a reason. Never once was there confusion about how to turn on the shower (no bath) which is within the room; the commode separate. The bed and pillows were terrific and the storage space ample. The bedside lighting (often the downfall of many hotels) was great. The location is great and the best part was deconstructing the mini-bar concept and putting it in the lobby for free behind glass-doored refrigerators - all of it gratis. And equally comforting was the excellent breakfast selection with great made-to-order eggs. It's not for everyone, but I'd stay here in a heart-beat and looking to try the Casa Camper Berlin. (Even my 80 year old mother-in-law loved it.)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed for three nights...from the first point of contact to book the staff could not have been more helpful and thoughtful...loved you all big hug!...The beds were fab the hotel was spotless..the restaurant recommendations were spot on..The drinks on the roof terrace was a joy and the views gave one time to dream....O and the shower...well fantastic...The hotel is situated in a perfect spot...what more can I say...( I love my hair..hairdresser recommend by staff! )..Ta for all your advice and organising...see you soon...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona? Share your experiences!