We chose this hotel principally as I could use my airmiles in part payment. It is located in an industrial part of town, which is not that picturesque, but it was very quiet at night. It is only a short walk to the Metro ( Selva de Mar) and a 15 min ride takes you to Urquinaona by Placa Catalunya, convenient for the Aerobus to the airport. It was also convenient for the Diagonal Mar (large shopping complex with many restaurants) and the 'green line' Tourist bus to join in to the other Tourist bus routes (Blue & Red).
We checked in around 7pm and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. We were staying for 3 nights and got an upgrade to a suite, which was very nice and had views across to Sagrada Familia and the hills behind Barcelona. The standard of the rooms was what you'd expect in a 4* hotel, except for the mattress on the kingsize bed. As other reviewers have noted, it was very firm ie hard. I have had more comfortable nights on boats and trains so this must have been overly hard. After a disturbed sleep on the first night with sore shoulders and hips, I had to sleep on 4 foam pillows as the hotel did not have any mattress toppers. This needs to be addressed as sleep quality is very important.
We paid an extra 9 euros per day for the breakfast at check-in, which included fruit, cereals, yoghurt, cold buffet of meats and cheeses, rolls/bread, jam, honey etc as well as a good choice of cold fresh juices. The hot choices were fried eggs, scrambled eggs and bacon which were warm rather than hot. There were also hard boiled eggs. Overall the breakfast was good value as you could fill up and it was very convenient. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly and obliging, and very hard working.
Overall I'd recommend this hotel if they invested in some mattress toppers or slightly less firm mattresses. The staff were very friendly and hard working, the room rate of 90 Euros per room per night was good value and the location was fine if you didn't mind getting the Metro in and out of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tryp Hotel Condal Mar is one of the most modern hotels in Barcelona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Melia, Venere, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tryp Condal Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Condal Mar Hotel Barcelona
- Vincci Hotel Barcelona
- Vincci Hotel Condal Mar
- Hotel Condal Barcelona
- Tryp Condal Mar Barcelona, Catalonia