I've stayed in the hotel for 2 nights in September'13 with my wife. The hotel is good and quiet. Corridors are quite dim and there are carpets all over, that's not attractive to me but seems like most of the hotels have the same lay out unfortunately.
We stayed in the 3rd floor I believe, not facing the landmark beside the hotel. We were out early in the morning and got back not all that late for sleeping, so we didn't really care for hotel amenities, although the pool in the 10th floor was pretty attractive with the view over the city and a bar to have drinks at night. You can even see the famous church from there at night with all the lights around it.
Breakfast was included in my stay and they had a nice variety of food so this is why I rank the hotel "very good" and not just average. Also wi-fi included in my stay, mobile phones connected ok from the room, not great but ok.
The location was great for us but there's not much to do in the area, we usually took some transportation somewhere and walked a lot, and for us that was great because we prefer walking up and down the city and feeling the city that way. Transportation is very accessible from the hotel, Subway (metro) just a block away, but if you're a tourist in town don't take the subway, use the little-train which runs through the middle of diagonal avenue as that gives you some sight seeing while you're riding it. There's a "hop in hop off" bus stop just across the street and the hotel sells you the tickets but you can also buy it at the bus it self for the same price ; there are regular bus stops on both sides of the street . And you can walk diagonal avenue or ride a bike, there are plenty of "bike rental" stops all over town.
We didn't demand much from the staff at the hotel and when we needed anything from the receptionists they were helpful , we had no trouble at all checking in or out, and they handed me the city map and sold me the tourist bus (hop in hop off type) tickets.
Overall I recommend the hotel, and I would stay in there next time I visit as well.
- Also Known As:
- Silken Diagonal Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Silken Diagonal Barcelona Hotel
- Silken Diagonal Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Silken Diagonal Hotel
- Silken Diagonal Barcelona Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Silken Diagonal Barcelona (HB4207), se distingue por su moderna arquitectura y por el diseno de interiores, obra del arquitecto barcelones Juli Capella, quien ha ideado para su fachada un sugerente juego de contrastes en blanco y negro.Su excepcional ubicacion es otro de los alicientes del Hotel, ya que es vecino de la impresionante Torre Agbar, el nuevo rascacielos de esta ciudad dinamica, cultural y mediterranea, que firma Jean Nouvel, uno de los grandes de la arquitectura.Las mejores vistas de la ciudad se obtienen desde su piscina... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Splendia, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Silken Diagonal Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.