We stayed in April 2013. The hotel has a very modern feel and the reception area was lovely and smelt fabulous. We found the hotel staff very friendly and they spoke English which was gratefully appreciated. The rooms were nice but be aware the bathroom has a glass wall into the bedroom (although the toliet does have a sliding door!) They provide shampoo, bath gel and body lotion but no hair conditioner and there were no bath robes.The electric blinds are a little noisy- we could hear next door opening/closing theirs. There was no tea/coffee making facilities in the room but there was a fridge with a variety of drinks/ snacks to buy.
The hotel is located on the Diagonal with a bus stop across the road for the open top tour bus. We had a 2 day ticket and travelled on both of the 2 routes around the city. We found it very informative. Each route takes about 2 hours to complete but they only meet at one street in the city on the Passeig de Gracia- a street with many designer stores and top class hotels. There is a shopping mall across the road from the Silken Diagonal hotel with a variety of shops and cafes/ restaurants and some well known shops such as C&A, H&M, Carrefour, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, We didn't eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the food. We tried to access the rooftop pool but although the lift took us up to the 10th floor we found the door locked so I guess the pool area is closed in April- we couldn't see this information anywhere in the hotel details. We had a few drinks in the bar which is in the reception area where there was a tv showing sports.We loved the city of Barcelona and hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Silken Diagonal Barcelona (HB4207), se distingue por su moderna arquitectura y por el diseno de interiores, obra del arquitecto barcelones Juli Capella, quien ha ideado para su fachada un sugerente juego de contrastes en blanco y negro.Su excepcional ubicacion es otro de los alicientes del Hotel, ya que es vecino de la impresionante Torre Agbar, el nuevo rascacielos de esta ciudad dinamica, cultural y mediterranea, que firma Jean Nouvel, uno de los grandes de la arquitectura.Las mejores vistas de la ciudad se obtienen desde su piscina... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Silken Diagonal Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken Diagonal Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Silken Diagonal Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona Silken Diagonal Hotel
- Silken Diagonal Barcelona Catalonia