We booked this hotel because of the good reviews, and we would like to add to them. As with anything, you can find some small flaws and faults, but overall this is a very, very good hotel. We came to Barcelona a few days early for a cruise. We like to be kind of out of the way, but close to everything and Hotel Constanza fit the bill. We arrived before noon on a Saturday and were able to go directly to our room. Check in was easy, but no bellman on the weekend and we had big bags and a surfboard (it was a 10 cruise, 14 days away from home, so lot's of stuff). We're hardy people and managed fine, but this is one of those small flaws. We don't hang out in the lobby except to wait for taxis and this was very nice, lot's of sofas. The room was a superior, perfect for us. Two comfy twins facing the street with a small balcony, a small sitting room with sofa and great bathroom. Spotlessly clean. A bit dark, but the balcony helped. Wi-Fi was great. We didn't bring an adapter for the Ipad thinking we would buy the right one there, but never did. When I inquired at the desk if they had one, she kindly offered me her Ipad plug in to power up and told me to just bring it back. We did not breakfast there or in the restaurant at all, preferring to explore. Although a small coffe maker or kettle for tea in the room would have been nice to have. There are tons of places in just the surrounding blocks. Recommend the restaurant across the street as well as the bakery two blocks up Gran Via. We hadn't booked a room anywhere on our return because we thought we might like to see another part of the city. We hadn't seen everything in the area on our list, so we decided Hotel Constanza was a good fit and just booked there. It fit the bill for us. English speaking desk clerks were very helpful. The hotel was quiet and I didn't see much staff, but being in-between the holidays I expect it is a slower time of year. If it gets busier, they may need to staff up. Those I did see were helpful and attentive. It was a nice, clean, quiet and welcoming place to come back to after being out and about. Close enough to everything to come back in between forays to rest up and get ready for the next adventure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PERFECT LOCATION IN THE HEART OF BARCELONAThe hotel Constanza is located in the Eixample district in the centre of Barcelona. It offers modern, contemporary decor and has its own restaurant, "Bruc 33 Tapas".The Bruc 33 Tapas restaurant next to the hotel offers excellent quality, including a range of creative "Tapas". A varied breakfast buffet offers the possibility of special menus for groups; private rooms can also be hired for parties and events.Our friendly staff are always available in the bright, spacious reception area to help you organize excursions and reservations and make your stay as pleasant as possible.Welcome to our designer lounge...the deep leather and velvet sofas, generously proportioned spaces and subtle lighting provide an intimate atmosphere where you can really relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Constanza Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constanza Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Constanza Barcelona Catalonia