We were in Barcelona for 6 days for a conference. So the location of this hotel was perfect. The conference center is so close to the hotel, that I could just walk in my heels and didnt have to carry flats.
- Located near the beach, if that's what you are looking for. However, if you want to be close to Las Ramblas, its at least 20-25 minute train ride.
- The metro stop is just two blocks away. Thus, we were able to go into the city without any problem.
- Room Service was very prompt and kept our rooms clean. Even when we called for extra towels or iron, they promptly delivered it to our room.
- Rooms either face the city or the ocean (we had an ocean view room). We were on the 10th floor, and could see the ocean. There is big building that blocks the view, but still ocean is view-able.
- Rooftop bar has good food options. The service was very slow, but I expect that in Europe. The pool is small though.
- The breakfast buffet was great with lots of options.
- The wifi is terrible. Even after paying 12 Euros a night, we barely got good connection. In addition, the wifi should have worked on 3 separate devices. But it only worked on one. Considering this hotel is mostly used by people attending a conference, strong wifi connection should be imperative.
- The rooms are not equipped with a safe. This was a bit of a concern for us, as we wanted to store our passports and extra cash away before heading to the conference and then sight seeing. However, the reception area has about 30 or so lockers. They give you a key (25 Euros fee in case key is lost), and we were able to store our things in the safe.
- If you want to be close to Las Ramblas, Gothic Quarters etc, this hotel is not for you. It will easily take about 20-25 minutes in the train.
Overall, we had a very pleasant stay. Next time I go to Barcelona, I'll probably stay closer to Las Ramblas. However, this is a perfect hotel if you are there to attend a conference or wish to be near the beach.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Marriott and Agoda so you can book your AC Hotel Barcelona Forum by Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- AC Hotel Barcelona Forum By Marriott Catalonia
- Ac Hotels Barcelona
- Ac Barcelona Hotel
- Hotel Ac Barcelona