“Fabulous Casa Fuster!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Fuster Hotel

You added Casa Fuster Hotel to your Saves list
Casa Fuster Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Passeig de Gracia, 132, 08008 Barcelona, Spain (Gracia)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #43 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Fabulous Casa Fuster!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at Casa Fuster for the last 2 days of our holiday in Spain. Unfortunately, I took ill, could not leave our hotel room and didn't see any of Barcelona. However, if you are going to be sick, you might at well be sick in style! Everyone at Casa Fuster is full of personality and the service is phenomenal. The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable and there are 7 pillow options. Guaranteed a good night's sleep!

Hopefully I have the opportunity to return to Barcelona because I would really love to see the city!

Room Tip: I would try for a room on a higher floor so that maybe you don't hear the rumbling of the subway...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Turkish first
Almere, Nederland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in Barcelona and Casa Fuster provided a comfortable room. Expensive? Yes! But if you don't use room service, have breakfast outside (BuenasMigas, just 100 meters away), Casa Fuster is not that expensive. And for the money you pay you'll get great comfort!

Room Tip: Hotel is on busy street, so many more quieter rooms on the back?
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had an opportunity to stay at Casa Fuster prior to leaving on a cruise out of Barcelona. The Hotel is located in a great location, and we couldn't have been happier with the room, service and courteousness of the staff. Of course, it helped that the Hotel upgraded our room upon arrival so we had a large room/suite on the 4th floor. After our stay at the Hotel, we discovered that we left some items back at the Hotel, and, some were jewelry. The Hotel quickly located the items, and, after some paperwork, had the items shipped back to our home the next week. Overall a fantastic experience!

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

What can we say, this was 5 star start-finish. After securing a decent deal we were very excited about this hotel to celebrate my wife's 30th. Arriving after a shuttle from the airport, the doormen welcomed us in with charm and a warm smiles. We had a lovely room on the second floor and the decor/furnishings, magnificent bathroom and great big double bed with gorgeous bed linen and pillows helped remind us how money was well spent. The staff were wonderful, with a bottle of Cava on ice and a birthday cake in our room upon returning from an afternoon on the terrace enjoying the views downtown of this beautiful city. The concierge were fantastic with great local knowledge with well spoken English, they really helped dissect our guide books and head to the best restaurants within our budget. We ate in the restaurant one night and were not disappointed, being treated like King and Queen, this was such a special stay, one we will cherish forever. Bravo Casa Fuster!!

Room Tip: If not eating breakfast at the hotel, there's a great little cafe just down the street on the LH...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

If modernisme is your goal and luxury is your style ... look no further than Casa Fuster! This hotel pays attention to detail and it is evident in every way imaginable. From the room amenities to the most perfect breakfast; from the superb location to the amazing staff - every second of our stay here has been memorable! (Come on ... a Pillow Menu with SEVEN choices??) We have had a dream vacation in Barcelona thanks to Casa Fuster and Ekatarina, Lucas, Xavi & Rodrigo! This staff rocks and we will never forget them or beautiful Barcelona! Look no further and treat yourself to a luxurious stay here.

Waikanae, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

It costs around 25-30 Euro to get to the hotel from the airport. The hotel were kind to let me check in a few hours earlier than their usual 2 pm check-in time. I got what I had asked for, namely a quiet room but for the price, I feel that the room was on the smaller side. Room 417 did have a nice view of the imposing wall of a church like building towering just a few meters away from the tiny balcony, which however I could not access, as the door seemed to be permanently locked.

The interior of the hotel is done well in muted colours and makes for a relaxing atmosphere. The lighting overall is dim which is good, but it was a bit too dim within the room itself. It was rather difficult for me to read the fine print under the air conditioning control switch. One feature which although making for a nice touch, I found irritating and even a bit dangerous, were the tiny halogen reading lights with swivel arms, located just above and to the side of the head-end of the bed. If one forgets they are there and tries to jump out of bed suddenly, as I did on two occasions, one gets a nasty knock on the top of one's head.

I certainly found the hotel staff most helpful and pleasant but what spoiled my stay at the hotel somewhat, was the far from ideal situation in the bathroom. There was a hole and a long crack in the ceiling in the bathroom which is really not a good look for a classy hotel. To make matters worse, the glass shower stall surrounding the bath tub is not properly sealed off from the rest of the bathroom, so one steps into a large puddle of water as one steps out of the bathtub. Finally, another criticism I have is in regard to the hand basin. It is too small and the tap located relatively high, with the result that one ends up splashing a lot of water around the sink, each time one washes ones face. My irritation has to do with the mopping up operations I had to do both in the bathroom and at the wash basin, each time I had used them. I have stayed in many hotels over the years, this is the first time I have experienced this particular problem to the extent I did during my stay at this hotel. The hotel really need to seal the shower stalls properly and do something about the small hand basin.

As advertised, the hotel is certainly located in an impressive historical building having a nice facade. On stepping out of the hotel one can just continue walking down the "Passeig de Gracia" and onto the" Ramblas" in the Gothic quarter, so all the best shopping is there. I snagged a nice pair of jeans for 15 Euros in a sale, one can indeed buy fashionable clothes in Spain. Spanish cuisine is just great and the quality of the coffee in Barcelona is generally pretty good too. No wonder it was my third visit to the great city.

Gaudi's "Sagrada Familie' is also within walking distance from the "Casa Fuster" hotel, however the construction cranes are still there around the great cathedral helping renovating it, as they were over ten years ago when I was first there. I ended up not photographing the cathedral because of the construction cranes being there.

The "Casa Fuster" is a really nice hotel to stay in, but I feel I could just as well have stayed in a different hotel in the surrounding historically important areas, specially in the Gothic quarter, the area I most liked to walk around and be in .

Room Tip: It always pays to ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I checked in after a disappointing experience at a different Barcelona hotel and was pleasantly surprised at how the Casa Fuster did everything right. They upgraded me to an incredible suite with phenomenal view out the window and balcony. They acknowledged my anniversary and birthday with a cake and champagne with the names on the greetings done correctly. They had all my pre trip request done in terms of room and pillows. The roof top deck/slash bar/tiny pool was a nice retreat although pool is awfully cold, This was made up for by great in bathroom jacuzzi. Breakfast was done the way it shoudl be with great choices and a pleasant attitude. Concierge and front desk staff seemed pleased to help. Ate dinner in gourmet Galaxo restaurant and they were also very accommodating. Food was great.

Room Tip: Room 509 has a phenomenal view up the street all the way to the sea.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Fuster Hotel? Share your experiences!