“We stayed one night only but that was the best hotel we stayed in Spain” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Zenit Borrell

You added Hotel Zenit Borrell to your Saves list
Hotel Zenit Borrell
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Conte Borrell 208 | Esquina Calle Mallorca, 08029 Barcelona, Spain   |
Ranked #274 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
“We stayed one night only but that was the best hotel we stayed in Spain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We came to Barcelona pretty late, missed our train to Alicante and had to find a place to stay at night. That was the only hotel we found around Sants but we loved it. Big and extremely clean room, big porch and unusually good for Spain breakfast :) We loved Zenit trademark and it was pity that all the hotels we booked for our visit were different name.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hungarian first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The room could probably be described as nothing more, nice enough little room but could barely walk around the bed, and it had a window which looked out onto what i could only describe as a prison cell forecourt, with a small square that had no view other than adjacent windows. After waking up in the dark at 9am, I had to open the window and stick my head out to look up four floors to determine if it was a nice day or not. We booked this room through hotwire and at the time of booking we could have booked directly with the hotel for the same price, first and last hotwire users.

Also watch out for the 'city tax' which they sprang upon us having only briefly mentioning something about 1,30 Euro at the beginning of our stay for it to amount to 17 Euro. I would have absolutely no problem with this except it was dealt with in a very sly way.

The little room was nice enough for a 4 star but was difficult to stay in with no outside light and very little room to store suitcases etc. Air con did work and internet was fine, had no issue with cleaners other than opening your door at 8am to clean it, a little earlier for most I would imagine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I must admit I didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel, and didn't eat whether breakfast nor anything else. My single room was a bit small, but clean and comfortable, and the bed was definitely big enough. In the mornings, I could hear the cleaning staff and other guests very very well, which was a bit annoying. WiFi is for free and works most of the times. The nearest metro station, Hospital Clinic, is a 5 min. walk from the hotel, and it's the blue line which takes you to the Sagrada Familia in about 5 min. Other than that, there's not much to do in the hotel's surroundings. It's definitely not a bad hotel, but I found it impersonal and a bit too expensive for what I got.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Before my stay, I was reading the reviews and I felt a bit put off by the complaints about not getting soap or internet service. BUT, from check in to check out, it was great. No complaints. The room is small, but in tourist countries like these, I expect the rooms to be small. As long as it's clean and renovated, I'm fine with it. The room was spotless and the bathroom was very clean. I felt comfortable. Internet worked fine. The service at the front desk was great as well. If we had any questions they were there to help. The hotel is located close to Hospital Clinic Metro on L5, about 7-10 min walk. It's not right around the corner, but it's decently close. It was easy to get around from the hotel. I'd recommend this hotel for a visit to Barcelona.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The hotel is located on a side street outside of all the action. It has a very modern feel on the inside and was overall a good stay. The value I paid for two nights was average (could have probably found something a little cheaper), but the bed and room were comfortable. Two quirks I had, though: 1) the A/C wasn't working when the temperature became warm in mid-April, 2) the housekeeper threw away my bar of soap and did not leave a replacement. Fortunately I had my own soap, so I didn't have to beg the front desk (as another review had to do). There was a large window that faced a playground in the back, so it was a pleasant awakening with light and happy children playing in the yard. It is several blocks to a Metro station and a little further from some of the bars and clubs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The hotel was fine- room good, modern and quiet( just a shame about the thoughtless people who decide to have a loud conversation late at night in the corridor).

Ate in the hotel one night and again food fine and good value. Hotel was a little bit away from the main sights but 5 minutes away from the metro and some decent restaurants close by. Not sure the breakfast was worth the extra 10 euros.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Basel, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I payed relatively large amount for an extremely tiny room (although advertised for 2 guests). Every evening I had to beg the reception person (not a very friendly guy) for soap and shampoo. He explained to me that he gives me shampoo as a "gift", but all other hotels I ever stayed just have the cleaning crew leave them in the room. I was surprised to hear that I needed a "gift" after I payed more than 1000 euros for the whole stay. I don't recommend this hotel: it's also not very close to the touristic areas of Barcelona.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Zenit Borrell? Share your experiences!