“Modern, contemporary and freshly designed hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia to your Saves list
Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Passeig de Gracia, 84, Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #157 of 516 hotels in Barcelona
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Modern, contemporary and freshly designed hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Strategically located at the heart of Barcelona main street of Passeig de Gracia, the hotel is newly renovated hence very clean and gives the feeling of freshness. The modern design and the choice of colour gives you the contemporary feel of modern and city stay. The common lounge area is spacious and well designed to relax and unwind. The rooftop provides excellent view of the whole Barcelona City. The room size is reasonable, we had 2 Bedrooms (sleep 3 people), we really felt comfortable staying 4 nights at this hotel. The staffs are friendly and helpful in guiding us with our itenary whilst in Barcelona.The bed are comfortable that allows you to sleep well and recover for the next day outings in Barcelona. We have no hesitation in recommending to friends to stay in this hotel

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Pepe F, Director General at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Mr. Villa

On behalf of the entire team of Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, I want to convey our sincere thanks for taking your time and explain to all readers of Tripadvisor your expertise in our hotel during your stay in Barcelona.

These assessments help us to know that our daily efforts in each of ours departments they are reflected in customer satisfaction and above all help us to continue in improvements to offer all our customers the best experience in their stays in our Hotel.

If you return back to Barcelona, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards.

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wakefield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a fabulous location in Barcelona, easily accessible to the many sites and main area we wanted to visit. The hotel was clean, appeared to be newly refurbished and modern. The bedrooms lacked a little character, no artwork or any features on the walls, however they had everything you would require from a four star hotel. The bar was comfortable, and welcoming with comfy seating etc and the wine very good and well priced. Overall a good hotel which I would recommend.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. Sarah;

On behalf of the entire team Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, we want to say thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel.

It is a pleasure for the whole team that our daily work is reflected in making our guests to enjoy a pleasant stay in our Hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in again, if you want to return to Barcelona.

Antwerpen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Top design hotel, well located in exclusive location. The rooms and bathroom are well equipped with brand new equipment. We had 2 rooms connected with each other …top for children.
Breakfast OK but not included in hotel fare. Hotel does have a bar inside which is OK but rather calm.

Room Tip: Very nice, both with or without children …top quality for the money
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Thomas;

Thank you very much for your comments about your stay at the hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia with your children during the month of December.

As we suggested with Tripadvisor's users, our family room is one of our strengths to enjoy a perfect stay in the city in a very good location.

If you wish to return back to tBarcelona, please do not hesitate to contact with me again.

Thank you very much.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I was not sure what to expect with this hotel and was pleasantly surprised.

The location is very central to the main shopping district and in fairly easy walk to the old town and sea front.

The room are all very clean and tidy. We opted for a terrace room on the top floor over looking the Passeig de Gracia. This room had a fabulous bathroom with a clean screen looking into the bedroom. It also has a nice balcony. My only negative was the typical European double bed (that is really just two single put together). The maids in this hotel are very keen to ensure that your sleeping companion does not get too close, by essentially wrapping each mattress in a duvet...making any kind of hanky panky decidedly difficult!!

Otherwise the hotel was great and very good value for money. The rooftop bar is cool too!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your nice comments about your stay at our hotel during your visit in Barcelona.

Your comment is very valuable for us to continue to improve every day in each of the departments and offer a pleasant stay to all our guests.

To return to Barcelona, ​​do not hesitate to contact me personally that I will attend to everything you need.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

There's number of things that ruined our stay in this hotel. First of all it was a present for my mum to come to Barcelona for two days and I took my time to choose a hotel. The only reason I chose this one is because of the roof terrace! It was suppose to be a surprise for my mum. Unfortunately I was told that we can't go up there as it's not season and there's a set time when you can go up there for a TOUR! I was told that I can go to another hotels roof top. If I would have known that I would have stayed there as well! And nowhere on the website says that rooftop terrace is seasonal! Surely this is misrepresentation of a package you sell! Lady at the desk said she will let the manager know but that's no good to me, our night and a surprise was ruined! Wifi worked about 5 minutes of the whole stay. (Room716) No tea or coffee facility. No hair conditioner. I've booked Comfort room and we were "upgraded" to Double with a garden view. What garden, what view??!! So you tell me if €120 I paid for one night worth all this??!! I was not asked how was my stay till I was leaving through the doors! Will not stay there again or would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Pepe F, Director General at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Ms. Donata ;

First of all, for all Tripadvisor users know our opinion, as we did when you arrived at our hotel, we informed you that our terrace bar is only open from the months of April to November, as we reported this on our site web and various internet portals selling.

But our roof terrace is open for guests can enjoy the magnificent view and as we informed you upon check in to thank you that you have chosen our hotel to make the surprise to your mum , we offered a nice suite with terrace to enjoy your stay in Barcelona in compensation that you did not have prior knowledge that the rooftop bar was open, but the space is open and if you had asked we would have served anything you wanted on the terrace if it really was as important for your stay as you mention now.

One of the values ​​that identify us is that we want to satisfy all our customers' needs but it is very important that these requests we can know before the arrival at the hotel and I personally manage with the Royal Passeig de Gracia TEAM that you may have an excellent stay in our hotel, but it is very difficult for us to meet the needs of customers if we are aware of them at the time of departure or through Tripadvisor.

To return to Barcelona, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be delighted that you can give us a second chance and offer you the good service that we give to all customers who choose us .

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights. A clean hotel with modern styling in a really good location. I didn't have breakfast here, or go the bar - since after all I was in one of the best eating and drinking cities in the world. There was lots of choices around.
This I liked:
The internet TV system was excellent. Better than most, and free.
The styling of the hotel. Clean, simple and elegant.
Areas for improvement:
The water in the shower changed temperature constantly.
Couldn't open a window to let fresh air in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest;

Through these lines I want to thank you on behalf of the entire team your nice comment about your stay at our hotel and not by the strengths of our establishment that we are very happy that you have liked, but especially for the areas for improvement which are essential for our daily improvement and to offer all customers who choose us for your stay in Barcelona, ​​an excellent stay.

To return to Barcelona, please do not hesitate to contact me again and myself I can help in any way you need.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have to say that I was not impressed at all with this hotel. I was there for a long weekend from thursday to monday. I wanted to try this hotel since it was new and the location was amazing. I come quite often to Barcelona.

Rooms are new but it does really look cheap; the furniture, the colours. I don't call it "design" its just looks cheap and boring.

The breakfast room also looks cheap.The tables, the chairs. "worse than Ikea" Not very high quality.
My room wasn't cleaned very well, the garbage in the room was not thrown away twice. Towells missing.Amnities not amazing. the showers where badly designed .

The tv got blocked every once in a while. It was anoying because I would have to call the front desk everytime for these things and sometimes you just felt like relaxing.

In a hotel of this category and with that many rooms I would expected more staff. I saw only one girl in the whole afternoons and one bell boy.Everytime you had to ask something there was only one person the same person. Unfortunately I did not take her name. Haven't seen a sight of a manager during my stay. I also saw a lot of young girls in training.Like another client say'd in these same reviews so many young trainees comes as cheap.

I saw the receptionists getting the luggages many times for the guests and heavy ones! At check out time where the reception got really crowded and the bell boy could not handle all the luggages, the girls at the reception had to come out of the reception to help the clients carry their bags or putting them aside for them to leave while there were many people waiting. It was a caos in the morning.

I think you should hire more staff.

For what is worth I think the girls at the reception were great, the location good, but I will not come back because I do expect more of a new 4 star Hotel in Barcelona.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Pepe F, Director General at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Jonathan;

On behalf of Royal Passeig de Gracia Team I want to thank you for your comments and suggestions.

This information is useful for us because it allows us to continue improving to achieve excellence in serving our customers.

We deeply regret that your stay at our hotel has not lived up to your expectations and would have been very useful for us to know it when you stayed in our hotel, so we have helped you in everything you needed.

If you decide to return to Barcelona, please let me know and I will assist in everything you need in your stay.

Manager Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia.

Been to Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia? Share your experiences!