“Very nice stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 303 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Riga, Latvia
“Very nice stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Hotel was quite cheep and that was the reason why we have chosen it. But it was better then we were expecting! Friendly stuff, nice rooms and very good location.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

The lift wasn't operational. The building was being renovated and it was dusty and noisy. The room was small, dark and cheaply finished. The bathroom was newly renovated but dirty, and the bathtub had no plug. The staff were freindly and courteous and the location reasonably good though. Still, I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Antony
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

This hotel could be so nice if it was better maintained /decorated and clean! If you stay at the Triunfo, I advise you to take a small and light suitcase as the elevator does not work and the hotel is at the 2nd floor of the building.
Our room was a good size (it was not huge but it was not tiny) but it was very dirty. There were shoe prints on the walls, the night stands were stained (I think with coffee), the floor was dusty and there were hairs on the floor (were not ours because there was hair on the floor when we arrived).
In the bathroom there was no hook to hang your towels so we did not know what to do with our towels after we showered (leave them on the bed and get the bed wet, leave them on the dirty floor?). On the day we arrived, I noticed there was a hair on the sink (again not ours) and that same exact hair stayed on the exact same spot on the sink during the 4 days we stayed there. My husband also noticed several long black hair on the floor (my husband has really short hair and I am blond).
For sure they do not clean the room: they only make the bed and change the towels. I am not sure they even clean the room when you check out!
Shower gel: Enjoy the only tiny bottle that is in the bathroom when you arrive because they don’t give you anymore. You need to ask for more shower gel every day. One night when we came back at the hotel I asked the receptionist for more soap because we didn’t get any and we would need it to shower the following morning. It seemed that I was bothering the receptionist (a young guy) but he went to the storage and handed me a hand soap. I then told him I wanted shower gel not hand soap! I shouldn’t have because he yelled at me because I asked for soap no shower gel. What a great customer service there!!!!!
I also advise you to take earplugs, actually they are indispensable. This hotel is so noisy. Our room was the furthest one from the reception desk but we could hear everything happening at the reception. We could also hear the people getting drinks or food from the vending machines. But the worst thing was the bell. To enter the building from the street, you have to ring a bell and then the receptionist could open the building door. That bell was so so so loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first night there I barely slept because of the noise (all night long) and I was scared to move because I didn’t want to accidentally touch the filthy wall at the back of the bed.
The only nice things about this hotel are the location , and one of the day receptionists. It’s a shame because if it was well maintained and clean and nicely decorated this hotel would be great: good location, big room, nice little patio (if it would be furnished, that little patio would be really nice).
I would certainly not recommend this hotel. My advice: stay as far away as possible from this hotel!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

If you like hair in your noisy & smelly hotel room this is the place for you!!! We expected a basic small hotel room for 70 a night, but we got a horrible, dirty & really noisy room. Lots of hair everywhere I dont think they clean the floor (or anything else!), the pillows where yellow (yuk!) and the room smelled of cleaning product (i think they just spray it hoping it will magically clean the room!) Also I never been in a hotel where you hear the front bell so loudly throughout the night ,cant they put the noise lower, plus its not like we where next to the reception, we were at the end of the hall! Also I was woking up several times in the night by a loud drilling noise which turned out to be the coffee machine. In top of it all the elevator did not work, so several floors of stairs with our luggage (fun!). The location is the only good thing here!

So be warned!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

I've never written a hotel review before, as I've always had good experiences in hotels, but I felt compelled to write something, to warn other travelers considering this place.

It was a small room, to say the least. We maybe had a foot on either side of the bed, so you either had to be in the bathroom or in the bed. The view from our window was of a brick wall that was about 2 feet away, obviously letting no natural light in. The little TV only had a few stations and were Spanish speaking only. The construction next door was always a pleasant awakening, even on a Saturday. As for the staff, there were some nice and some not, and some were English speaking, which was good. We never got any clean towels or a room cleaning for a 6 nights stay. We saw a sign about their credit card machine not working a few days into our stay, and were relieved when it wasn't there a few days before we left, but when we went to check out, she brought out the sign again. (Is that anyway to run a hotel business? shouldn't that be a priority to fix??) She pointed us to an ATM, expecting us to pay with only cash for a weeks stay. Apparently they've never heard of a daily withdrawl limit. Seemed like a pretty big tourist scam to me. Our saving grace was the WiFi cafe right next door.
I'd recommend getting a hostel with a private bath, it would probably be nicer and cheaper.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

Location is a 10min walk from the Barcelona Nord bus station, so was very convenient for us as we got there late at night. About a 5-10min walk to the Barri Gotic side of Las Rambles, so quite convenient location if you don´t want to be in the middle of Las Rambles. Zoo is accross the road.

Rooms were smallish but modern and quite fashionable, no complaints. Our room near reception was a little noisy but nothing too bad. TV reception not great and all in Spanish.

Staff were average, and cleanliness was good.

Beware lift is old and small, and reception is a couple of flights up.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Chic & Basic Zoo? Share your experiences!