“Awesome! We loved our experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 546 Activities in Barcelona
Type: Food & Drink
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Yves Nicolier is a social cook in his new life. As such he does cooking workshops, private cooking events, cooking classes, showcooking events or cooking parties where guests and cook come together and just flow in the same space between food and conversations. At La Boqueria, he does offer cooking classes in combination with guided groceries buying.
Detroit, Michigan
“Awesome! We loved our experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I would rate this experience 20 out of 10!

First, Yves was very prepared for the cooking class; he had done a lot of the prep work, and had a beautiful table set on his roof, with picturesque views of Barcelona and the Mediterranean Sea. It made the experience really easy to jump into, and kept it fun.

The recipes we prepared were so delicious, and he was very accomodating. We were travelling as a family of four (4) people, two of whom have strict dietary restrictions. He was easy to work with in terms of creating a meal that worked for the whole family, which made it enjoyable for everyone.

His accommodations at his home were really impressive. The roof was beautiful, and is worth seeing on it’s own, let alone with a comprehensive night of cooking and delightful conversation. His home is really charming, as is his family. He made us feel very welcome, which just added to the charm of the evening.

Yves was also INCREDIBLY knowledgeable on food, the heritage of the recipes and nutritional implications, of which we had a particular interest. We engaged in great conversation about the values of organic cooking, the impact on politics, etc. It was nice that he was so well-versed in these topics, because it made the experience that much more special.

He also sent us the recipes so we could cook them back at home. I’ve already hosted a dinner party and showed off my new skills.

All in all, we couldn’t recommend this more highly. For anyone that’s loves to cook, and has an interest in really learning more about food, it was an “A+” culinary experience on every level.

NOTE: Travellers were a family of four (4) -- Parents early 50s, two “adult-children” in 20s. Wouldn’t recommend for families with young kids. Great for anyone old enough to enjoy homemade sangria!

Visited August 2013
YvesNicolierSandrock, Propietario at Yves Nicolier Sandrock, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you so much for this detailed review. I am super happy to hear that you hosted a dinner cooking our dishes! This is wonderful... Thank your for the 20 out of 10 rating! ;-)
Regards from Barcelona!

Knoxville, Tennessee
“An Absolute Cultural Must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I traveled to Barcelona the summer of 2012 and it took one cooking class for me to fall in love with Yves' dinners. So much so that I took three more classes after that with my friends. It is one of the most culturally rich and personal Catalan experiences I had in my 2 month stay in the city. Fresh ingredients, friendly people, professional kitchen. Yves treats you like family and I haven't even mentioned the unbelievable food. If your in Barcelona, I promise you will not be disappointed if you spend an evening learning, cooking, and eating at Punto de Encuentro Gastronomico - Peg BCN!

Visited September 2012
YvesNicolierSandrock, Propietario at Yves Nicolier Sandrock, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hi Michael! Nice that you show up here and nice that you share your experience cooking together. I also had a great time! Hugs from Barcelona to Tennesee!
Cheers!
copenhagen
11 attraction reviews
“An authentic spanish culinary experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Hands on cooking experience.

We started with a tour in La Boquería, charming food market. There your eyes feast with all the fresh veg, fish, meat and all what your heart desires. We had a lovely cooking class and had the most wonderful dinner overlooking Barcelona.

This is an experience that I never will forget, Thank you Yves.
This is one of the best things i have experienced in Barcelona.

Visited July 2013
Hi there, thanks for your review. I am happy that you liked the cooking experience... Thank you very mutch for joining and I hope to see you again someday!
Cheers!
“Wonderful private dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were staying on the Elmo-T and had asked Yves to come on board and prepare us a meal representing Barcelona....and that he did from beginning to end!
Although innovative, the menu was also classic Spanish cuisine. The ingredients were obviously fresh and very tasty. The presentation of the food was impressive and the wine pairings were perfect!
Yves not only took the time to explain the courses and the preparation, but also was very attentive yet allowed us to carry on our own conversations.
I wish I could say which course was my favorite, however, they were all equally exceptional.
We will definitely look Yves up again while staying in Barcelona! If you want an incredible meal, do not hesitate to contact him!

Visited June 2013
YvesNicolierSandrock, Prestador de la atracción at Yves Nicolier Sandrock, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Hi Brook,
it was a pleasure cooking for you and I wanted to thank you for lettling me choose the menu, which is always exciting for me! I am more than happy that you liked the proposed selection of typical and as you said somehow creative dishes, which I tried to balance during the menu.
Regards,
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Excellent Paella class with Yves”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our company has setup a celebration event for accomplishing a core goal of last year and selected a cooking class to learn how to prepare Paella in Barcelona.
Yves received us at his house and was a fantastic host. Shared his knowledge, provided us with a terrific view of Barcelona at his awesome house and an overall great experience. Definitely recommend Yves cooking classes and culinary experiences.

Visited June 2013
Hi Luis,
it was really nice to have your team cooking a paella and other traditional dishes at home.
You did a great job! ;-)

I am very happy that you guys enjoyed the cooking workshop on the rooftop. I wish you and your team lots of success for your company, and I hope to see you back in Barcelona.

Regards,