I can strongly recommend this place to people who look for something cozy, stylish, not typical. Actually you feel more like at home, not like in a hotel. There is a common space for the guests where you can sit around big table, drink high quality coffee (free of charge) and relax. You have a card you can use to get into the building and into the hotel's floor by yourself, so you can feel completely independent. The location is very good - walking distance to the city center, Sagrada Familia, very close to the train station and metro. The beach is 4 metro stops from there.
The staff is friendly, very helpful and professional.
The room is stylish and comfortable. The bathroom is clean and nice. Still - the nicest thing was a small patio/terrace. It was wonderful to relax there with a glass of wine and good book.
- the room I booked was called "small room" and... was really small :)
- because of the patio you are very close to other guests/visitors. for me, as a nonsmoker it was unnice to have smoking people so close to my room.
Still, Retrome seems to be the great choice for the stay in Barcelona. The great customer experience started few days before my arrival, when I received a warming e-mail asking what time I plan to get into the hotel.
All the best for the hotel's staff and future guests :)
- Also Known As:
- Retrome Barcelona Boutique Hotel Catalonia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retrome Barcelona is a small and charming concept-boutique hotel in mid-century vintage interior design. The hotel offers the highest standards of service, comfort & design in the very heart of Barcelona. Our well appointed private guest rooms, each with its own bathroom, are spacious, full with natural light and boasts an original retro-vintage design, together with all contemporary comfort, the same kind which made us our Rome hotel a star of the international press. The location promises a relaxed stay, just 5 minutes walk from the bustling and luxurious Passeig De Gracia and 10 minutes walk to either Plaza Catalunia or to the Sagrada Familia. A metro stop is a flight of stairs away and great restaurant, a local market and various nightlife spots can be found right in the neighbourhood. Room rates include breakfast. Our hotel uses green energy for water heating and a/c a close relations with our local community and a tailor made hospitality which can rarely be found in other properties in Barcelona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Retrome Barcelona Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.