“Fun, friendly place for drinks and pizza!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Domino Bar

Domino Bar
Carrer de Les Flors, 16, 08001 Barcelona, Spain (El Raval)
+34 696 46 17 25
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Domino Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 6,679 Restaurants in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: Homemade pizzas and baked Argentine empanadas. Mojitos, gin tonics and creative cocktails. Familiar. Well located in the center of Barcelona, ​​the Raval. Pub restaurant open every day.
“Fun, friendly place for drinks and pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

A great place to go for a couple of drinks and something to eat when you get hungry later in the evening. The people there were really friendly and happy. I will go back to try more of their cocktails.

• Visited June 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“WOW, amazing restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I found this place by looking at TripAdvisor before we spent our weekend away in Barcelona, I chose this because of our love of pizza and cocktails. Having made an error of a bad restaurant choice last time I was in Barcelona (Shoko) I was feeling slightly nervous, mainly due to my wife reminding me of our Shoko experience!

It didn't start well perhaps, Domino Bar is located down a dark street with little around it apart from residential property, had we not have read the reviews we would have avoided, if in fact we found it in the first place, but I'm glad we didn't turn back. Seating no more than 36 (according to the sign) people it lacked size but not character, the character coming mainly in the form of some great staff.

Food wise we ordered a pizza each. My wife being a vegetarian could have proved tricky with a Spanish only menu, but the waiter/chef spoke great English and created a pizza for my wife with all her favourite toppings. The pizza's were lovely, nothing special but good quality ingredients, very tasty and great sizes. Pizza's were about 10 Euros each.

But the drinks stole the show, the lady behind the bar (owner?) was just out of this world with making the best cocktails I've ever had. Sure, they took an age to make but that was simply down to the care and attention the lady took to make them. In total we had 5 cocktails each which were priced at 7 Euros each.

I'd recommend anyone that likes pizza and cocktails to visit this place, you will not be disappointed. Next time I'm back in Barcelona I'll be at this place again.

• Visited November 2013
Brighton
“Happy Tummies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Following TripAdvisor advice went here and had a great meal. We chose nachos, lasagne, & pizza between us. All the food was good as were the cocktails. Location on a side street a bit off the beaten path but worth the effort.

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Ripped Off...Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Visited at the beginning of November with girlfriend. Had food that wasn't very good and took far too long considering we were the only customers. Then decided to order 2 gin & tonics that we specifically requested be normal (Should of been €5). Got given something a little different but presumed we were being treated and was prepared to be charged €7 even though it wasn't exactly what we ordered (average cost of most other cocktails). When the bill turned up and I queried it we had been charged €9 & €11? (The menu didn't even have a drink that cost €11). How is that acceptable? This place is a joke, awful customer service and can't be the only people this has happened to. €20 for 2 G&T's is Central London price not back alley cheap bar in Barcelona. Left frustrated and very unhappy. Wish we hadn't gone!

Domino_Bar, Propietario at Domino Bar, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
It makes us sad for your consideration, in wich we differ. You have taken a G'Vine with 1724 and a Gin Mare with Fever Tree, which are Premium gins and tonics, not any of 5€. We regret the misunderstanding, we thank and will consider your opinion. But from our love of cocktails, we claim and recommend to enjoy a special drink for a special occasion, once.
Geneseo, Illinois
“Awesome pizza, awesome place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Upon reading all the reviews, my dad and I decided to try it out. Located 1 block from my hotel was a huge plus. We had empanadas and pizza with sangria. Price was right and atmosphere was cool. Plus the music in the background like Bowie, Gorillaz, and They might be giants hit me where I live. Out of the way of touristy places with great great food. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2013