“Splendid bar and with pizzas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Domino Bar

Domino Bar
Carrer de Les Flors, 16, 08001 Barcelona, Spain (El Raval)
+34 696 46 17 25
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Domino Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 6,675 Restaurants in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: Homemade pizzas and baked Argentine empanadas. Mojitos, gin tonics and creative cocktails. Familiar. Well located in the center of Barcelona, ​​the Raval. Pub restaurant open every day.
“Splendid bar and with pizzas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

As a Barcelona citizen I have enjoyed several cocktails here, every time it's the same: Nice smiling service and high quality cocktails.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
“You won't regret visiting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I went to the Domino bar with my girlfriend in October 2013 and the experience was nothing short of pleasant. I would describe the venue as a cross between a low budget restaurant and bar with small tables on one side and a bar on the other. The decor is nothing special (a little funky) but pleasant nonetheless.

There wasn’t a menu available in English. I was unfamiliar with some of the foods so my girlfriend asked the waiter if she could explain in English, and she did. She was extremely friendly and put up with my girlfriends one million questions ( I was really impressed lol).

The menu was simple, but everything looked tasty. There were a few different starters, most of which were empadadas ( pastry with different types of stuffing) and you’ll also find a lot of different pizzas.

I ordered a tuna empadada, which was unfortunately not available, so I settled with one filed with chicken, and it was absolutely delicious. I can’t remember what my pizza was called but it was topped with pineapple, chicken and cheese. It was amazing and It’s hard to believe it only cost 7€.

There was also an interesting list of cocktails. I ordered a Mau bulldog which tasted great but I wish it were a little stronger. I felt like I was drinking juice.

The restaurant is on a small street about 5-10 minutes from the main road, but in my opinion quite easy to find.

I was a little disappointed with the bathroom. During my visit the toilet seat was loose and I would say it took away from the overall experience. Nevertheless, I will be returning as this was the only thing I was disappointed with and I’m sure that I was just unlucky.

To summarise: at Dominor Bar I expereinced great food and drink, a nice atmosphere, all at a very, very reasonable price. You won’t regret visiting.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food, Perfect Cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The food here is absolutely great and the cocktails thrilling. Service was fast. The lady waiter that spoke English seemed not to be enjoying her job at all and wasn't that friendly. The other lady at the bar didn't speak English, nevertheless she was very joyful and helpful. Unfortunately there was no English menu so I had to translate for my fellows. The stuff said they do not have the menu in English because this is a local restaurant visited mostly by Spanish. Overall, if you speak Spanish, you have to visit eat and drink at Domino Bar.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brighton
“Great cocktails in low key setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This bar doesn't look much, it's a bit sterile and lacks character perhaps but looks don't matter when the cocktails are as good as in this place. Seriously, we've drunk in some pretty expensive, amazing cocktails places in our time and the drinks we had at this little brightly lot bar in a nondescript street in Raval rivalled the best. The bar maid used us as a chance to try out her cucumber syrup shot she'd been experimenting with and it was fantastic. Best of all the drinks are ridiculously cheap and the bar isn't mobbed (perhaps because it's not been 'discovered' by the locals yet?).

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great casual spot for inexpensive bite to eat/cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went here with a few friends this past week, at first was a bit surprised it was much more casual than expected (after reading the TripAdvisor reviews). We had some decent empanadas, pizza and a salad. The food was again, nothing fancy, but totally fine. The pizza and salad were very fresh. The staff were both super friendly--definitely made the experience worthwhile. We had great cocktails (GinTonic's with apple!) and were even treated to a special shot at the end of the night. Worth a visit pre-clubbing or for a lunch even.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere