“Lovely Traditional Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bun Bo Vietnam, Raval

Bun Bo Vietnam, Raval
Calle dels Angels 6, Barcelona, Spain (El Raval)
Website
Neighborhood: El Raval
Milton Keynes, UK
“Lovely Traditional Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love Vietnamese food and, discovering that there was a Vietnamese restaurant near our hotel in Barcelona, I wanted to introduce my mum to some of my favourite dishes. We popped in on our first night in the city.

The restaurant is small and cosy, with colourful decor and a friendly welcome.

We had Summer Rolls, Golden Pancakes, Mango Chicken and Lemongrass Fish, washed down iwith a couple of beers. Everything was as aromatic and delicate as I expected and my mum loved it.

At €37 we thought it was good value. The waitress spoke a little English, and her boss was pretty fluent.

All in all, a good experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Prague, Czech Republic
“More than vietnam restaurant is coctail bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Little bit hidden in the Raval area , atmosphere was more in to the Mexico then Vietnam . We tried Vietnam coconut soup , meat balls Pho-bo and Bun-Bo . Only Bun-Bo was at least close to vietnam cousine which I know ... Pho bo was without strong taste of bouillon, which is most important on this dish. For overall feeling I can't recomend it for their pho bo , only for bun bo or mixed coctails .

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Munich, Germany
“Vietnamese in El Raval, just love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have been to this restaurant last year and since the Menu of the Day is really good, I went for it again. The price was the same for 3 courses, but the soup was smaller than last time. However, it was plenty for a good lunch. Taste is fresh and one can make it as hot as one wants using the sauces provided with the dishes. I had summer roll, chicken pho soup, and a coffee. One could chose from 3 different varieties of desert, but I do not like deserts so I did not taste them.
Only downside is the slow service, but it was also a busy time of the day.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“'Refreshing'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We saw this place reviewed in an airline magazine and decided to give it a go. Small menu but great flavours and super fresh.
Service with a great smile and deserving pf a return visit when the taste buds need a Far Eastern kick.

Marbella, Spain
“A taste of Asia in the heart of Barcelona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This restaurant is a great dining experience. The Asian lanterns hanging from the ceiling really create the perfect ambience. Its always busy which again adds to the atmosphere of the place. The menu has a good selection and all our food was fresh, authentic and very tasty. Our party of four chose the Caramalised Chicken with Mango, Chicken Curry, Steamed Fish & Chicken Noodle Salad. None of us were disappointed and we all had to try each others so not to miss out. The prices are very reasonable and the service exceptional. The menu of the day from 1pm to 5pm gets very busy but have a bit of patience as you shouldnt have to wait too long. it will be worth the wait! We had late drinks here on a different occasion and again they were very accommodating.

• Visited December 2012