“Worst Barcelona experience. Ruined our last night.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of 336

Consell de Cent 334-336, 08009 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)
+34 934676735
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 5,883 restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mediterranean, Eclectic, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Eixample
“Worst Barcelona experience. Ruined our last night.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

*I was unable to select 0 on the scale so have had to mark as 1 out of 5*

Visited on 23rd October after reading the rave reviews and thought it would be a good choice for our last meal. How wrong I was. Our table was booked for 8:30pm and we were seated right away and provided with a glass of Cava. We gave our wine order and received this very quickly, and it was a good choice. The food order was then placed - sirloin steak with fries and a side salad and chicken with asparagus.

At around 8:50pm, the fries, salad and asparagus were brought to our table. And that was it. After 10 minutes we chased our meat as the sides were going cold. We were not updated with any progress. After a further 10 minutes, still no steak or chicken and now 2 cold side dishes.

At 9:15 we made the decision to leave as the rest of our main course had not arrived. The chef advised us that the chicken takes 20 minutes to cook. That was not the issue. The issue being that our sides were brought out 20 minutes prior to the meat being cooked!

We left and weren't made to pay for the wine or the half a dozen croutons I picked off my salad whilst waiting. Definitely ruined my last night in Barcelona and I would not attempt to re-visit.

Christian M, Propietario at 336, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
I remember you table , second dinning room , right side , table for 2 ( In love ) , the order was 2 Entrees , one Free Range Chicken and Roasted Beef Tender Loin Tail, and Side of Small Caesar and Grill Green Asparagus.
You arrive at 8:50 and you left the restaurant at 9:15, 25 minutes, let me ask you please, Who long will take to cook a 1 Pound Chicken on a Vegetable Charcoal grill? Try it please, I hope you have the answer, only I can apologize for lack of communication no for the timing, Do you know the order of the other table?, and Sorry we don´t have pre-cook food in our restaurant we cook to order. Mc Donalds is 2 blocks away .

91% Recommend
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful food, superb service and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We ate here on October 8 and our experience was exceptional from start to finish. On arrival, we were given a free champagne to start our night and things just continued in that vein. Staff were friendly and professional and we even had the chef wandering out during the night to ensure that all was well. The incredibly generous three course menu for 23 euro provided plenty of choice and we enjoyed one of our best meals on our trip. Please visit 336 for dinner as you will not be disappointed.
Thank you to all staff for a great night.

Dublin, Ireland
“praise where praise is due”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

From the moment we entered 336 everything was perfect. Most friendly and professional staff, At 22 Euros it was excellent value and presentation and service was of the highest order. We ate in three other restaurants in Barcelona - none were a patch on 336. A customer beside us had a 500 gr steak - amazing value! In time I hope to return to Barcelona. A return visit to 336 will be part of the itinery.

Singapore
“Delicious food and at such great prices too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is a newish restaurant (less than a year old) but already it has garnered rave reviews on TripAdvisor. And rightly so, in my opinion.

We went to check out the restaurant one afternoon and were approached by the chef owner who took our reservation for dinner the next evening.

When we arrived we were greeted by the chef owner who recognised us and a staff promptly ushered to our table in the stylish dining room which was already half full. Being a fairly new restaurant, everything looks nice and clean including the large powder room for the ladies.

We were each given a complimentary glass of cava while perusing the menu. I decided on the three course set menu priced at Euro 20 with a choice for starter, mains and dessert inclusive of a half a bottle of white wine, which turned out to be a full bottle at no extra cost. My starter of asparagus was nicely grilled with paper-thin slices of iberico ham. My main course of grilled cod with tomato sauce was lovely as the fish was very fresh and firm. My husband decided to go for the slightly more expensive menu priced at Euro 25. His starter of nine large prawns quickly fried in butter and garlic was ample and delicious and he also enjoyed his New York steak done just the way he requested. For each course, he was given a glass of wine. Both of us opted for a simple dessert of vanilla ice cream with toasted almonds, a fitting end to an enjoyable meal.

We paid Euro 55 for dinner which included an additional glass of wine, coffee, water and tips. This was one of the best meals we had in Barcelona and the prices were not expensive for the quality and portion.

On our way out of the restaurant, we had a chat with the chef owner even though he was busy at the grill and concurred with his philosophy of serving simple delicious fresh food. Needless to say, we will definitely be back next time we visit Barcelona.

• Visited September 2013
Tetouan, Morocco
“Amazing service, and delicious food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

i found this restaurant , when I visited my family in Barcelona, I can tell .. it's an amazing restaurant with awesome service and food specially i loved "Beef tinder" and "Cream burly".