“Very good” 5 of 5 stars

Tacon Rojo
Calle Ataulfo, 18, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Tacon Rojo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #166 of 6,365 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Porto, Portugal
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just had dinner at TACON ROJO - Barcelona and the place is great. good food, nice atmosphore with taps of very good quality. it is worth visiting.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bloomington, Indiana
“Our go-to night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We lived a just a short walk away, and I'm sad that it took us so long to find this spot! We made it a point during the 5 months we were in Barcelona to visit most of the "best" restaurants in the city since my boyfriend and I are major foodies. Tacon Rojo was by far our favorite and a "hidden gem." We especially love places with more of a local flavor and this place fits the bill 100%. We visited both as a couple and with groups of friends. The owner and wait staff are spectacular (most if not all speak at least English--in addition to Spanish and Catalan, obviously) and are more than happy to offer recommendations. We usually trusted them to pick everything for us and were absolutely never disappointed. In our multiple trips, I think we managed to try everything on the menu. The burratina and carpaccio can't be topped, and they have a great selection of wines as well as an awesome rotation of more seasonal specials. My favorite dessert of our time in Barcelona was definitely the lemon cream cake I had there. Words are not enough. Also, if you have the opportunity, ask the owner for his cocktail recommendations--he is one of the best bartenders I've ever come across. The atmosphere is perfect, too, as the restaurant is tucked away on a quiet street in the Barri Gotic. The wine cellar dining area is especially nice. The kitchen and seating area are relatively small, but that only adds to the ambiance and keeps the place from getting too crowded or overwhelming. As I said before, this was by far our favorite place, and this area has quite a few great restaurants. We even chose it for our "last supper" in Barcelona! Definitely a MUST GO!

• Visited December 2012
Barcelona, Spain
“Charming tapas place, gourmet products and wines in the gothic neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We went there once , middle of October, and since then we have repeated several times. This food boutique that opened only some months ago has captured our attention and every time we want to surprise some of our firends we bring them here. The menu consists of a mixture of French cuisine with Catalan touches and a long list of daily specials that is always interesting to try. The chef works in a small tiny corner preparing his specialties and surprises with his elaborated tapas plates.
The staff, the manager and the chef can make the experience a memorable night.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“The highlight of my Barcelona trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Last month I spent a week in Barcelona and friends told me to visit this special place in "Barri Gòtic" because I really like French wine and Spanish tapas. Even though it wasn't easy to find the bar in the historic district it was worth searching! The waitress was very pleasant and speaks English, French, Spanish and German fluently, which was very helpful for me to understand the menu :) Even though "Tacón Rojo" is more a bar than a restaurant, they offer some warm plates and have a nice French chef preparing the dishes fresh behind the bar. I really liked the selection of wines and the ambiance was comfortable and not crowded. Most of the other guests seemed to be locals. Definitly the best evening of my trip!

• Visited October 2012