“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I happened upon this place with my boyfriend when we were in Barcelona a couple of weeks ago. It was a Friday night and the atmosphere was fantastic in the restaurant. We ordered four tortilla-tacos, with the waitress's advice and they were delicious - we followed it up with a great salad which was equally delicious.
The waitresses were both really polite, friendly and helpful - and fluent in English and Spanish. The waitress talked me through the spritz drinks, advising which spirits would be the sweetest/driest etc., nice added touches like this made the place really special for us.
This was definitely the best restaurant we went to in Barcelona, the food was different and creative and the service really topped it off. I found here, unlike the other places we visited, helpful, engaging and interested staff, combined with the fabulous food, Caravelle is a must-visit restaurant!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Stockholm, Sweden
“Apathy on the menu!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We went for a Sunday brunch and arrived first, a couple of minutes before opening time. One of the waitresses was shuffling around inside, no sense of urgency; another came strolling in a few minutes after opening time (but not yet opened) and then some minutes after that, the restaurant opened. It was free seating and we took a window table, and after some 5-10 minutes, the restaurant was full. Despite our promptness, we were last to order, and last to receive our food. The waitresses ignored us. When we ordered, the food was slow-coming and an order of coffee had to be put in twice to have effect. When it was time to pay, there was no change for one of our 50s (expensive brunch) and we were made to feel like it was our responsibility to provide the exact amount or something closer to it (100 EUR on a 60 EUR bill is not out of the question to provide change for, right?!) But that meant we used up all our change, leaving nothing for the lazy waitress - or, rather, exactly as much as she deserved.
The french toast was amazing, so kudos to the chef. And I believe another party was pleased with the scrambled eggs. My spinach-leek baked eggs were just meh. The kids ordered apple juice and it was a whopping 3 EUR per 200 ml bottle - scandalous. Any place that dares take that much money for so little juice should be avoided anyway. But the service was so lousy, I implore all readers to just go somewhere else. If you're in the Park Güell neighborhood, read my review of La Salut.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“WONDERFUL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Oh my god. We stumbled across this place late at night, and even though the kitchen was about to close, the friendly waiter allowed us to order dinner anyway. And I am so glad! I had the mussels and the cauliflower tortilla-tapa dish, and it was amazing. My boyfriend had a steak and was really happy with that as well. We are also very interested in different kinds of beer, so the waiter recommended some exciting beers for us. They were really good, and made the meal an even greater experience. The waiter told us he had been working a double shift that day, and yet he was soooo helpful and friendly. The restaurant was small, simple and intimate, and absolutely perfect.

Go here for a great meal with lovely staff. The food is at a really great price as well. I'm coming back to this place the next time I'm in Barcelona. And if you're reading this and considering to try this place, do it! You will not regret it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Barcelona, Spain
“Best Brunch in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

For years I have been looking for a good place to have a decent breakfast, healthy and hearty. This is the big deal, great meals, great taste, best value plus they serve brunch until 4! which is amazing for a late saturday/sunday late breakfast.

Visited June 2014
London
“Great brunch in Barcelona”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

A group of us went for brunch in Caravelle and it was fab, really friendly staff and great brunch choices. We were a group of 9 and service was efficient and all the food was fantastic, definitely recommend if looking for a brunch venue in Barcelona.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere