“Offers delicious vegetarian tapas!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Origens

Origens
c/ Ramon i Cajal, 12 | c/ Ramón i Cajal, 12, 08003 Barcelona, Spain (El Born / La Ribera)
93 213 60 31
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,204 of 6,910 Restaurants in Barcelona
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Tennessee
“Offers delicious vegetarian tapas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This place served delicious, attractive vegetarian tapas. They have meat too, but we had the veg. The food was so good. The leek and almond soup was heaven in a bowl. We had a bottle of decently priced wine. After we got done eating we waited forever for someone to give us our bill and then take the bill. We had to wave and stuff to get someone's attention (not our waitress). They were busy, but it was seriously a long wait. At least 20 mins...probably longer. We kept trying to catch her eye and wave her down but she did not look at us once. We had to get someone else to bring us the check and cash out. That spoiled it a little, but the food was so good that I would go back again. I would just be more forceful about getting the check. I didn't really know what the protocol for restaurants in Spain was so I could have been acting like a dumb American without knowing it! That's very possible!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
“Worst i eat in Barcelona this week”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to go to a tapas bar. But are first choise was already fully booked . We then want to this and took the standard tapas menu but the food here is not good and they realy want that you eat fast so they can get more customers

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great flavours - nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I think this may be a chain - but nevertheless I was really impressed with the quality of food and service. A nice varied menu and good wine list. Mrs UKRO chose the duck and I had the chicken. Presented quite simply but full of flavour. Accompanied by a lovely bottle of Malbec for €18 - the total bill came to just €52 with dessert and coffee. If like me you tire of tapas this is a great choice!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St Pete's
“This restaurant was outstanding (there are two others in mini chain)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We went there on friends recommendation.
It's main selling points are its Organic heritage and Catalan offerings including wine and cheese.
You can't book so we took pot luck at Easter and although busy they went out of their way to find us a table.
The service was fantastic and the food absolutely wondrtful.
We had a Catalan version of Rioja which was sublime.
The Menu is laid out very imaginatively and suggests what starter goes best with what main course and what wine blends best with these choices, very clever.
We really enjoyed it and was a high spot of our mini break,
Not too expensive either!
However beware another slightly smaller version of this mini chain less than 100 Metres away.
We went in here, having been blown away by its sister restaurant around the corner when it wasn't busy only to be given the worst table going.
We politely asked for a better seat only to be ignored (she clearly understood our question).
We waited patiently but she blanked us, so we walked out.
Real shame.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible Toilet. Source of my diarrhea?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

First, the food was brilliant and the menue design inspiring. Anyhow, me and my girlfriend suffered the entire following day from diarrhea :( Is it from this restaurant? Not unlikely, as the toilette had No running water to wash my hands. And I am sure the employes use the same place and perhaps this is where all the trouble comes from. Not sure at all. Food still outstanding.