“Good Evening” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Book Online and Save Up to 30%
Restaurant Koxkera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 6,031 Restaurants in Barcelona
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Australia
“Good Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

A lovely well run restaurant with a friendly helpful owner. We had supper there last night and it was a most enjoyable evening. My wife had the clams and I had the Chili mussels, both dishes were outstanding, we both had Zarzuela as mains and these were also very good. The atmosphere as very pleasant and friendly. Would recommend this restaurant anytime.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We arrived to this restaurant based on the reviews on tripadvisor. We received a very warm welcome by an amazingly friendly stuff. The place is located off the main tourist attractions and I guess that's the reason that it's not so crowded. The food was excellent! fresh mussels, with excellent sauce. The Paella was one of the best dishes I've ever had with well cooked rice and lots and lots of seafood. Even the dessert - Catalan cream - was wonderful. And I booked online and received a 30% discount! so for a very full meal for two - which my Significant other failed to finish - we paid 40 euros, which is a real value for many.
Overall - Excellent food, nice and authentic Catalan atmosphere, very friendly and welcoming stuff. I would definitely recommend it! very worthwhile to take the time and visit this place if you're in Barcelona. Cheers

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Veeeeeryy good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Fresh fish, kind and warm welcome, it's a very nice place to try real Spanish food !!! They can speak English and it's rationally expensive !!!

Shanghai, China
“It's ok good, not great good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I arrived the city a little bit late, so when I was ready for dinner, there were not too many choices. I chose the restaurant from tripadvisor app- yes, the waiter looks nice. when I arrived, he explained me hard on why he couldn't serve me at the moment although I only saw a half full restaurant (and I could not book one person table online). But anyway, he kept his word when I came back again 20min later. The mussel dish was great! spicy, full of flavor, but according to some tightly closed ones, they were not all alive before they were cooked. The seafood plate in some marine sauce (? wish the sauce name is right) was just so so, and fish inside was a little undercooked, I didn't call for refire since anyway I didn't like the fish. And about the catalonia cream, it's just some kind of caramel brulee, pls dont expect too much from the other comments. I think the hotel success relies a lot on the english speaking waiter since I noticed most of diners spoke english, so yes, it's a good tourist restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Temse, Belgium
“Great authentic Spanish food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had Paella here and it was really good! You can really feel that you're in a typical spanish restaurant. Service is quit good, though sometimes we had to wait a bit too long.
But still, very friendly staff.
I would definitely come back for some delicious paella !

• Visited June 2014