“Great service, good food, and massive portions” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Abrassame

Abrassame
Gran via de las corts catalanes 373-385, Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)
93-425-54-91
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Abrassame is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,874 of 6,679 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
“Great service, good food, and massive portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

At a simple 15 euros, we got a beer, a started as big as a main, a main which was massive and a dessert. The service was impeccable and the food was really fresh.

A well presented restaurant with a very attractive decor.

Stunning views!!

I really recommend the macaroni for starters!

A solid 4.5 :)

Marietta, GA
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went here only to meet someone that was with a group of people. My daughter and I had some tapas. It was more expensive that I was expecting, so we were kind of trying to cut costs. We left feeling unfulfilled, and it was still our most expensive meal in Barcelona. Yes, the views were nice. Service was just OK. I wouldn't go back.

Visited May 2013
Addlestone, United Kingdom
“Randomly Chosen”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

First impression we got was not good because unless we approached someone we would have waited forever to get served in an empty restaurant. The waitress kept going back and forwards and the only thing she did was staring at us. After asking if we could sit down then we finally got served. I believe the manager was serving as well (she was more formally dressed) and her service was very very good. Smiley, friendly and professional.
The drinks were good, especially the blood mary. The food was good, well presented but it could be tastier. By the time we were leaving the place started to get busy quite quickly and from this point the service went down hill; basically they forgot about us and it took ages only to get the bill.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“What a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

On top of the old bull ring, now a large shopping location. The views across the city are stunning.
The food was fine, but service a little patchy.

Visited July 2013
lyla1
“Avoid at all costs! Food poisoning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Started out with a good start. Nice ambience, good drinks (happy hour) albeit a not so happy waiter/ door manager.

Then the food came and it just went downhill from there. We had soggy rice with lobster and was absolutely appalling. Probably the worst meal I have ever had. Taste- bad. Lobster- tasted like frozen seafood that has gone off. What's worse, there were fish cakes/ fish paste thing in the meal. Feels like the restaurant is trying to cut cost and not have much lobster in it, but to add fish cake is simply unacceptable!

Lo and behold, I had food poisoning the next day. This confirmed my suspicion about the lobster that tasted "off". The only different meal my husband and I had on our entire four week trip in Europe was this place as my husband was not hungry and did not touch my meal. This is not just me, read reviews further down and see that I wasn't the only one who caught food poisoning from this place.

If you want to give this place a try, have cocktails and cocktails only, please do not have meals here.

• Visited April 2013