“Clean, large room, friendly helpful staff, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #18 of 516 hotels in Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
“Clean, large room, friendly helpful staff, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We really liked this hotel and would stay here again if we return to Barcelona.

That said, I couldn't give 5 stars because of some minor problems in our room, which was 605. We couldn't get the English channels on our TV (and I had particularly wanted to watch a football match); the hairdryer was very weak and emitted tepid air (I notice someone else complained about this); the LED reading light by our beds suffered from erectile dysfunction and were therefore useless.

Apart from these irritations, we were happy in Hotel Jazz. The rooms were larger than average and had ample storage space for clothes. The breakfasts were very good. We were particularly pleased with the service from the friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Rm 605 was quiet and roomy but had some minor problems (see review).
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

2,821 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cheltenham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Just come back from staying 3 nights at Hotel Jazz. It is in a great central location and the airport bus takes you almost to the door, so very convenient. The rooms are clean and modern with a huge comfortable bed. If I go back to Barcelona, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
seoul
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Yes, the location is perfect..
How about what the hotel jazz provides to the customers?
I can not find the following stuffs in my room some normal hotels usually provide:
1. some cheap clock radio
2. channel guides for TV
3. coffee pot with coffee and tea bags
4. a box of facial tissues (kleenex kind)

When I asked coffee pot, they said "we will provide cups with hot water. you can call the restaurant."
When I asked facial tissues (there are only rolls of toilet tissues), they brought me 4 individually vinyl packed (travel pack) tissues.
When I asked a bucket of ices, I had to go to restaurant in the 1st floor. They charged me 2.50 Euros.
I don't know how much they will charge a cup of hot water. I will let you know later..
I paid about $180/ night , weekdays including breakfast, 2nd week of November (seems to me that it becomes a low season now in Barcelona) .
Of course, the TV in my room has 60 some channels: only one English language channel can be found, a cartoon channel. No BBC or CNN..

After the first night, it is NOT PERFECT at all !! I should say, POOR.
(Staffs are very polite and try to help customers, though. They let me check in early when I arrived on 11: 30 AM.)
Two nights to go.. I already regret with my decision for this hotel.

Room Tip: There are two sides. I am in a room facing back side of building. I can not open the curtain since I...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Farmingdale NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Nice big rooms, amazingly quiet (ours faced an inner courtyard) given the central location. Sleek European style with a super-comfortable bed and roomy bathroom. Staff friendly enough, not effusive but always willing to help. Security is discrete but always present, a good thing in Barcelona. Close to all transport. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Jazz without hesitation.

San Joaquin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Fantastic hotel, very nice rooms, comfortable beds, clean roomy bathrooms, helpful counter clerks, great location and great breakfast for a reasonable rate. You can’t go wrong with those hotel. Watch the taxi drivers as soon as they figure out your American they double their fares

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Livingston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in Hotel Jazz. A safe choice, central, clean, staff were helpful. Didn't have breakfast but there's a huge choice of places to eat on the door step. The airport bus takes you almost to the front door. Its so close to lots of small winding streets packed with places to buy, eat drink and jsut sit. Also close to the wide shopping avenues. Oh and the bed was huge!

Room Tip: I would ask if there are rooms not facing the street. With the windows closed you don't really h...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Jazz? Share your experiences!