“Super location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #273 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
cumbria
“Super location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights. After reading reviews about noise, I emailed the hotel to say we were nervous travellers as this was our first time away alone and would appreciate a quiet room. On arrival we found reception extremely friendly and helpful and were indeed given a quiet room. The hotel is lovely, very clean but above all we felt safe. Barcelona is an amazing place and we did all the tourist things. The only downside is at night, we did find it rather intimidating, with groups of men offering us drugs amongst other things! The hotel is very central to everything but down one of the alleys. I would definitely recommend this hotel, just be aware at night if you are a couple of girls on your own.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I am just back from Barcelona and I stayed in this hotel for a long weekend away with my boyfriend. It was my first time to Barcelona and the found the hotel very easily. One of the best things about this hotel is the location, just 2 seconds off Las Ramblas, right in front of Placa Reial and near the top of Las Ramblas so also close walking distance to Port Vell and the beach. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel itself is modern and spotlessly clean.I was worried with other reviews as a lot said it was very noisy but this was not an issue for us at all and we found little or no noise during the night. The rooms were stylish and modern and the shower was excellent. I found this hotel perfect for exploring Barcelona as it was in such a good location with restaurants, bars and stops on its doorstep with friendly staff who are willing to help/offer advice. I will definitely stay in this hotel when returning to Barcelona.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The location was awesome! We were near the Ramblas, a couple blocks from the beach, and walking distance to great restaurants and tourist sites. The Hop On/Hop Off bus was down the street. Shopping and the market were all steps from the front door. The hotel was clean and the concierge was always very helpful. Our room was over the walkway to a Plaza, and several of the nights were quite loud with people partying in the walkway. Free breakfast, and it was more than the basic Continental breakfast. If you have earplugs to wear in your sleep, you're going to be ok! Despite the noise, I would recommend this hotel for people who want to be in the middle of all the fun and great restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Went to hotel with teenage daughters for 3 days.
Easy to find, located just off Les Ramblas.
Room was a triple room. beds comfortable and clean. Bathroom lovely. Staff helpful.
Stayed on second floor near the lift and i have to say that there was little if any noise experienced. (Could be due to us being out of the hotel room after breakfast and returning after 2200hrs)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. We asked for a quiet room and we got a room at the back of the hotel overlooking some gardens. However, for me the room wasnt quiet at night and I found it very difficult to sleep. During the early evening when we returned from a day out in the city the room was also noisy due to building work being carried out somewhere nearby. I found the self regulated temperature of the room combined with the slightly uncomfortable bed and the noise level a horrible combination for sleeping! However, the rest of the room was clean, well decorated and the shower was brilliant! We found the staff to be polite and hotel was in a good, central location for exploring.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

The hotel was decorated in a modern style that appeared very clean, which was good. The reception was incredibly friendly and warm, which I appreciated. Unfortunately, we were in a position where we had to asked to have our room moved because of noise that was coming from the street. There is a popular club next door that I think must close around 3:30 or 4:00 AM. Once we moved rooms, the next night was perfectly fine.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep, pick a room that faces away from the street.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

If you re one of those people who goes to sleep before 4am then this hotel is not for you. I was assigned a room on the top floor, the 5ft, and I could hear loud and clear with my window shut, the people on the street.
Walls are so thin I could hear my next door neighbours conversation.
The room looks a lot bigger and luxurious on their website, than it actually is.
Pillows are umconfortable, and the blanket (u know, those brown/honey ones, from our gradma's age, gave me allergies. I guess they don't have them cleaned that often.
They are very, very, very, but so very strict when it comes to check out time; They bloody woke me up by calling me at my room and hour and a half before checkout, to tell me I had to leave by 11:30 sharp, therefore shortening my hours of sleep. Not nice, not polite at all. First time ever in my life.
The place is very well located but with all the offer Barcelona has regarding hotels, I will definitely not stay there again, nor do I recommend it.
Keep looking folks! You'll find better.

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Hotel Barcelona House? Share your experiences!