We stayed in the hotel for a family wedding taking place nearby and it was ideal because of the location. Located centrally in the centre everything is on hand.
El Born district is really nice with lots of lovely tapas bars within a stones throw away. Very close to the marina and beach too.
Nearby is a cafe / bistro called Milkat 21 Gignas (www.milkbarcelona.com) which is great for brunch
If you come out of the hotel and turn left I'd recommend the tapas bars there (eaten in them several times) and a bit further up take a right and there is a bar called La Luna which is a good place to visit.
I would make one note of warning, this is a touristy area and late at night the atmosphere changes (after the tapas bars shut)-don't go walking around on your own as there are a lot of unfriendly characters about. Also beware of carrying too many valuables with you. We enjoyed sitting out in the tapas bars on the friday night around midnight but the next evening we were still out post wedding at 1 / 2 am ish and it was quite a different story
The staff were all really friendly and helpful during our stay and couldn't have done more for us.
The rooms were nice but very modern. This was fine for us but if you don't like chic modern this isn't the place for you.
The suits are of a generous size and located in a building a couple of doors down (something to be aware of if you have children).
Our room was very spacious but some of the other family members rooms were not as big. The beds are the same size in all the rooms (very large about 6ft) which is great but the size of the bathroom varies and not all have baths. However this wasn't a problem for us as we didn't want to spend much time in the room.
If your room doesn't have a fridge then there are some located in the hallways with free still and sparkling water which is really handy and a nice touch.
I've been to Barcelona several times and would highly recommend it as a city to visit. Its easy to get around, there is lots to do and see and its a vibrant place.
Agua on the beach front, near the Port Olympia, by Hotel Arts is a lovely restaurant (booking recommended).
In a nutshell
Excellent value, I'd stay again. Nicely designed hotel in the Born district, in the old town. Get’s booked up quickly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In El Born district in Barcelona, symbol of the city´s history, surrounds this familiar, modern and cozy hotel constructed in an antique building.The hotel is located in an absolutey remarkable position, on a pedestrian street in the very centre of Barcelona old town. Ramblas are only 500 metres away from our hotel that also lies right half-way through the stunning Barcelona Cathedral and the historical Santa Maria del Mar church.Surrounded by our city´s history in one of the most modern district, our guest will enjoy not only their accomodation but also the infinite relax and entertainment possibilities Barcelona offers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Banys Orientals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banys Orientals Hotel
- Hotel Banys Orientals Barcelona, Catalonia
- Banys Oriental Hotel
- Banys Orientals Barcelona