I chose this hotel for a half term mid-week break with my 7 year old son, mainly for the price but also because I thought it overlooked the marina - which it doesn't!
The next mistake I made was hiring a car - DON'T!! The parking in Barcelona in general is very expensive and hotel parking is not only horrendously expensive but also scary (see pictures)! So, we took that on the chin but unless you intend to travel outside the city (which we did) you do not need a car.
The hotel is located really near nothing and handy for almost everything so overall actually quite a good location and if you walk a lot like we did, just about everything is in your reach. It is also blissfully quiet at night.
As children on holiday are not great in posh restaurants for more than one evening, we had to hunt about for dining options as there isn't a lot nearby and there is just the one pricey restaurant in the hotel itself. There isn't a lot about but we did find one little local place that catered for just about everyone and was traditional Spanish fayre too. I think it was called Carlos - anyway, out the hotel front door, track right out to the main road, turn left and it's about 3 doors down on the left! Very reasonable, amazing value - all the paella, tapas, soup etc etc cheap good wine and beer too!
Children are not allowed in the spa pool and the roof top one was closed due to the time of year (March) so that was out but quite honestly we were so tired from walking around the amazing city that we weren't fit for anything anyway.
To add to their business credentials - I turned up with all US adapters for my laptop etc (picked up the wrong bag) but the hotel helped me out with this to covert them to european plugs,(so 3 pin GB to US to Euro), we ended up with quite a contraption! The inhouse WiFi was OK but did get overloaded from time to time (sadly I still have to work even on holiday).
The staff were very professional and friendly and if I was in Barcelona on business I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, without a car!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing in a ideal location in the Villa Olímpica neighbourhood, close to the beaches and next to the city centre.The H10 Marina Barcelona is a unique hotel thanks to its range of services and facilities which include its Skyline terrace with pool and spectacular views of the city, its Despacio Spa Centre, its Dionissos Restaurant with signature cuisine, its spacious multi-purpose meeting rooms and Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Marina Hotel Barcelona
- H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel Catalonia