“Quality Leather Goods and a Bespoke Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alexis Fasoli

Alexis Fasoli
A la Volta dels Tamborets Street number 4 | Borne, 08003 Barcelona, Spain (El Born / La Ribera)
00 34 93 310 40 52
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 177 Shopping in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautifully hand crafted sandals,shoes and bags made to order or made to measure (some pret a porter available) in the heart of Barcelona. I personally make and design all the accessories that are on display under the label Alexis Fasoli. Finest leather or exotic skins are employed, clients participate in the creative process as their order is put together.Beautifully unique accessories. Open workshop to see the production process.HOW TO FIND IT. I AM A LITTLE TUCKED AWAYSome have found it a little difficult to get to. Find the Church Santa Maria del Mar. Face the the main door and walk around the church anti-clockwise. On your right you will see a square with a flame for dead soldiers. Take the first street on the right after the square. It is like a tunnel. There is a clothes shop on the corner with lots of hats. Walk down 20 metres and I am on the right.
Knebworth, United Kingdom
“Quality Leather Goods and a Bespoke Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

A small shop tucked away in the El Born neighbourhood. Not the easiest to find but well worth searching out. There were various quality leather products on display. Alex also offers a bespoke service and will create belts, wallets, cases etc to your own design. My wife was absolutely delighted with her belt. Alex goes the extra mile to make sure the customer is happy.

Visited November 2012

Barcelona, Spain
“A wonderful find for lovers of handcrafted leather designs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

AF stands for an enchanting nook tucked away on a quaint cobblestone street in the Born neighbourhood of Barcelona, where the originality and exclusivity of handcrafted leather goods has been skillfully restored.

In this “atelier shop” you can find leather creations handmade by the artisan Alexis Fasoli and see how his new ideas come to life and take form in his hands; sandals and espadrilles made to size from one-of-a-kind designs, elegant clutches made with precious leather (one of the things I like most about AF is that you can see, touch, and choose the leather you desire for your bag), wallets, elaborate eye-catching belts, and other tempting complements like vintage wrist watches, cufflinks, leather bracelets, ipad+iphone cases, etc. Also perfect gift items, if you can let go of them!

Highly recommendable if you are willing to risk falling in love with everything!

Visited August 2012
Austin, Texas
“Quality Artistry and Craftmanship in El Born”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

When I travel I like to visit the local food markets and find local artisans. I feel so lucky to have stumbled on this charming shop in El Born and even more lucky to have gotten to meet Alexi, the artist. The space is small, rustic and exudes quality and class. His work is of the highest quality and artistic style - and just makes me happy! Be warned - you may spend hours touching, smelling and looking at the details of every piece. After my first purchase, I left my travel partner for half a day to return to the shop! I couldn't get Alexis' work out of my head and had to purchase the most amazing belt - and order holiday gifts for my family. Everyone loved their gifts, especially my Dad - Alexi made him a custom camera case. I get compliments every time I wear my belt or carry my bag. You will not be disappointed if you shop here - and expect the highest levels of customer service and attention as well. I have sent my friends to the shop and I can't wait to return!

Visited October 2011
ferretix
“One of a kind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

It's hard to see anything new in this business: that's why the discovery of AF is a pleasure. Fasoli provides something extra: authenticity, 'charme', quality job & unique pieces. If you get into the shop (tiny, beautiful, in the best old Barcelona's corner), you're doomed: you will say 'I have to own that' a hundred times.

Visited November 2011
Barcelona, Spain
“Quality craftsmanship”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

A true artist, and a variety of designs. I like your work and your ability to handle the skin for all its products.

Visited June 2011